Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonny ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 03:20PM

I asked the exec sec if I could have a copy of my childrens' membership records. He said that he could not print them out "incase the BP needs the computer."

Sacrament meeting had just ended, and the BP was still in the chapel shaking hands when I asked the exec sec standing near the clerk's office.

I can pick them up next Sunday though.

I just baptized my son the last Saturday in February and wanted his record and thought I would just get a copy of the others, also

Is this a new policy, or is the BP just being his usual bleeping self?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 03:50PM

The mormon church expects members to serve higher ups and never to expect consideration or appreciation.

Posted by: Annony ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 07:07PM

I think the BP's ego circumvents the earth. Rather than pay attention to those bearing their testimonies today, he and the first counselor sat up there smiling and laughing at each other. Others in the congregation were respectful and paid attention.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 07:17PM

Sounds like the clerk didn't want to be bothered and almost no one will confront the bishop.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 07:42PM

What other fine service does the church provide for members?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2018 07:42PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Annony ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 09:26PM

They don't supply a heck of a lot: I knocked on the library door to borrow a Bible at the beginning of SS, but the door was locked.

You can't use the genealogy center during SS if you have questions or don't have an at-home computer to do your research with. The new BP forbids this.

The sacrament bread was soft and gummy this morning. It stuck in my throat. I had to swallow multiple times to get it down. One time it was moldy. I complained.

Occasionally, we don't have TP in the bathroom according to DW.

I got one! It's positive: We get free parking!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 10:32PM

Annony Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I got one! It's positive: We get free parking!

COB SPIES: Another brilliant idea from RfM! Can we implement this one without correlation or FP/Q approval?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 11:56PM

The clerky guy has a man date from the BP (big pi$$y), and/ or he isn't 'computer cleared', because of his use of it alone or is suspected of being close to "losing" his testicle-monies.

You don't need free parking (and neither does your car). You didn't have to leave home to get that. This isn't "Counting Cars".

Just to find a [real] church which is 'open', on occasion, least of all on a Sunday. One with people (not robots), smiles (not pasty-smirks), life (not fear and following and death, posing as life). A place to be yourself. That's not asking too much (never mind "free-agency") is it?

Good luck getting records (or straight answers) from TSCC. They still use tapes; pencils and paper; Exes and Ohs. Red marks, White out and Blue dots. Check boxes and land mine's [bigger or better than yours (testimony)]. Dog houses and solitary unfitness. Feeding under-thought and overthrown myths to candy-coated overgrown baby testimonies.

What can you expect from a 'disorganization' designed to disown, deconstruct and destroy - at will and on command? Not much.

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 12:13AM by moremany.

Posted by: Anonny ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:54AM

You may be on to something here. We arrived to church very late and traveled past the clerks office enroute to the chapel. The exec sec in question was sitting in front of the computer and the screen was quickly scrolling as if he was personally scanning pages upon pages of material.

If he was venturing into areas where he had no business being, I can only assume that the BP pulled his computer access. He should have been released.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:31AM

A simple solution would be to resign. No need for putting up with any of the Mormon stupidity. Problem solved.

Also, sorry to hear your son has been made a member of a cult. Best wishes to him, he'll need it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:37AM

I'm trying to find out what a BP is but the link to the definitions is no longer there.

nevermind ... I found it.

Turns out BP is a branch president. How does that differ from a bishop ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 10:40AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 11:20AM

A BP presides over a much smaller congregation size than a bishop.

Typical ward attendance might be 80-100.

Typical Branch attendance might be 30-50.

The BP also differs from a bishop in that it is much more essential for a BP to have immediate and unrestricted access to the Branch computer records. To be busy on the computer when the BP needs it would slow down the work of God, and prevent his branch growing into a ward. Bishops don't have this concern as they already lord it over a ward.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:59AM

I was treated very poorly over and over again by the people in the church.

I believed I was sinning every time I was offended.

When the adults in Young Women's treated my sweet, struggling daughter poorly, I complained.

I was chastised.

Still, I thought being offended was a sin on my part.

Somehow, my mother instinct decided to place my kid's well being over my fear of "sinning".

I let her quit going.

I finally started to look at the behavior of those running the ward.

They were just people. Some were kind. Some were not. Most were too busy to allow human connection.

I never felt fed after a 3 hour meeting block. It's exhausting.

I wondered why God wanted me to be miserable.

I refused to believe in a God that would allow his people to be horrible to my child.

Things began to unravel.

It sounds like you are on your way to seeing that these are just people.

There is no magic.

Your son will be treated with kindness by some and with cruelty by others.

He will be asked about masturbation prior to his 12th birthday.

The person doing the asking will be just a man--not special, not trained, not inspired.

Things to think about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 11:00AM by Dorothy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.