Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loppers ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 12:35PM

Highly valued in mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 12:37PM

You got that right.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 01:37PM

I have no knowledge on whether or not the beloved Correlation program has approved use of the adjective "Blind" to describe our wondrous compliance with the sacred teaching about the First Law of Heaven to be obedient. What I do know is that I'm so super busy trying to unquestionably follow all of the directives that the beloved middlemen in charge of our Ward/Stake tell us to do. So I don't have time to think about such things much. I reckon that if I had some more time then I could do some more thinking. But as long as they are inspired to keep us too busy to think then there simply won't be time to think.

In closing I got to remember to follow this directive from those holy leaders. I got to bear testimony of the Church being true. I guess this means that its the most honest/transparent organization ever since that's what "true" means. That's why we all in the Church are so responsible to be super honest/transparent about everything, especially our doctrines, statistics, finances, and other history. Amen.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 08, 2018 12:54AM

When I was a member I felt the ability most valued was the ability to make money. With money came status in Mormonism.....these members became the bishops, stake presidents, not the sunday school teachers. They were the ones with the nicest clothes, cars homes, vacations, and boats and the ones who had less wanted to be like them.

I felt those members who were ultra obedient were often the misfits, those who fit into the fanatic category.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 08, 2018 10:59PM

Willful ignorance is a close second.

Posted by: jc not logged in ( )
Date: March 08, 2018 11:19PM

I agree with "willful ignorance" as a close second.

I spoke at length with the ward high priest group leader last summer. I told him about JS translating the BoM with the rock and hat method, as described by Russell M. Nelson in the July 1993 Ensign ("A Treasured Testament"). He sat there squirming and shifting all over in his chair.

The HP GL did not believe me. He was perplexed and wondered where I was getting my information from. He would not allow me to google the Ensign article on his computer (on LDS.org). I told him that the leaders are not honest men and do not tell the whole truth.

I told him, "When you find out that I have told you the truth, please come and tell me, I won't reject you like you are with me at this moment."

He said he DID NOT want to know these facts and that he preferred to remain in "blissful ignorance." That's right ignorance. And yet, this man claims to be a fact based logical guy who studies all sorts of mechanical and industrial issues, but won't look at the facts of Mormon history.

He said he's going to the CK no matter what and will not allow Satan in to destroy his testimony.

I gave up! Brainwashed? Now that would be an understatement.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 08, 2018 11:32PM

It's an ability ? Seems to be more of a detriment.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 08, 2018 11:37PM

We obviously need new/ mormon-centric terms for:

blind obedience

and

one- upmanship.

anyone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.