Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 09:26AM

We were at a funeral yesterday for a friend's wife who passed away from ALS. Maureen was a successful teacher, story teller and activist for local theater. She was teacher of the year for Tennessee a few years ago. She was active in the Unitarian Church. Her husband, George, retired from the army band, soloist at Carnegie Hall, professor of music and, for some reason, likes to play in my humble band. I have known George now for over 10 years. The funeral was at the Methodist church.

The main speaker was a female minister of the Unitarian Church. She gave a great eulogy reflecting on Maureen's life. At one point she paused for a moment and said, "I know Maureen and George had great love for each other, but I also know they had some disagreements. I was not present for these disagreements. You wonder how I know? George is a Methodist and Maureen was a Unitarian." That brought some laughs. It was well done and well thought out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 09:26AM by Eric K.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 12:00PM

It sounds like she led a good life and had a good celebration of her life. I would feel comfortable having a funeral in either a UMC Methodist church or a Unitarian church because they would do it right.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 12:50PM

That's perfect! IMO, how an appropriate remembrance ceremony should be.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 01:53PM

Funny!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.