Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:48PM

That's what this self-righteous TBM senior couple told me one day last month.

I did not laugh right there in front of them but it was pretty funny.

Why did Joe put 'no coffee or tea' in his WoW?

Was it because the 'hot beverage' caused too much passion to come out? Gotta help keep the Saints on the right track.

I once had a bishop tell me how silly I was to let coffee keep me from receiving the wonderful blessings of the temple.

For the most part I kept my mouth shut and but I did tell him I'm not ready to give up my morning Folgers. He didn't like my attitude and I didn't hear much more from him on anything.

Funny how coffee kept me from wasting countless hours in the Lard's temple. Kind of funny when I think of it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 08:30PM

Your question is what almost all nonMormons struggle with when watching Mormons consume soda, energy drinks and hot-chocolate by the gallons. But I learned from this sight that the WOW is only about CONTROL. I believe witnessing what a person ingests is an easy way to determine if that person is following the Church. Joseph probably didn't like hot drinks or alcohol himself so he figured it would be easy to write in the rule book and not deprive himself.

If the WOW had anything to do with health, certainly many teas and coffee would be allowed given all the known benefits.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 09:28PM

In the WOW, it only says that HOT DRINKS are not for the body. Only later on was the interpreted to mean coffee and tea and Heber Grant made that a requirement back in the 20th century for a temple question.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 09:44PM

You got it all wrong. Coffee is good,, beer is good,,it is the temple that is evil.
I always feel bad for people who don't drink coffee or booze. When they get up in the morning,,thats as good as they are going feel all day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.