Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:49PM

I once received a blessing from a institute instructor that told me I was Lucifer's closest friend in the pre-existence.

Anyone get blessings similar to this?

Guess the TBMs who were present probably think that Lucifer convinced me to leave...hehe

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:51PM

If you want a reunion with your old buddy, he's serving as the bishop in my husband's ward. I can put you in touch.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:51PM

WTF?

I want the rest of the story.

Why was he giving you a blessing?

How did you react at the time?

Date: March 30, 2011 08:01PM

It's a long story, and it was MANY years ago. I was struggling with some issues spiritually and went to the institute teacher to get a blessing of comfort. He gave me one, which described that I was being attacked spiritually by luci himself because he was bitter for betraying him and choosing the plan of salvation over our friendship...and that god would provide me extra protection from that point forward. I was told that because of my love for luci, that I had a special non-judgemental understanding of people's sin. Etc...

It made sense at the time and made me feel special.

Like I said, it was a long time ago

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 08:06PM

After I posted my questions I realized the other stuff was none of my damn business...

In that context, from a TBM perspective, I can see how that would make me feel special too.

Date: March 30, 2011 08:12PM

My pleasure to share :). I didn't mind the questions

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 08:17PM

Call me suspicious, mystic, but I get the impression that there was some ulterior motive behind this crazy "blessing." One doesn't call out the big dogs for no reason.

Date: March 30, 2011 08:20PM

Any ideas? Can you explain in a little more detail?

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:03PM

Perhaps this blessing-giver was trying to gain more influence over you for personal reasons. I have never heard of Lucifer being invoked in a patriarchal blessing. To suggest that you were best friends with Lu is to single you out from billions of people. To let you know how incredibly unique you are. Think about it.

Date: March 30, 2011 10:01PM

I'm sure at least some of you were given strange blessings...

No stories?

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:18PM

A district manager at the MTC told us once how that was said in someone's patriarchal blessing. The guy apparently left the church, but of course, the district manager added that this guy said that if he were to go back to any church, it would be back to Mormonism. I was thinking, WTF? I thought there was some kind of realm of understanding for insiders and I would one day be there, even though it creeped me out. Of course, there's always the chance that they might be embellishing it, just like Don Bagley said, if not to gain influence over you, then at least he might be making some connections based on others' experiences to feel connected to the divine, even if only at the subconscious level. I did lots of weird things when I thought that I was inspired. Lots of people say and do weird things when they think they are inspired, including exorcism. It doesn't surprise me.

Posted by: Not the Girl You Used to Know ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 10:21PM

I have a TBM friend who said she was Lucifer's girlfriend
(intended spouse) in the pre-existence. She knew this because
(a-hem) he told her so when he was torturing her mind during different painfully difficult times in her mortal life. He said because she did not choose his plan ultimately in the pre-existence he was angry with her and would torture her in her mortal life. Subsequently.....she has also shared that James, the brother of Jesus, is NOW her intended spouse in the next life, due to her valiant stand against Satan in this life. She has indicated that James is often near during family events and other sacred times.
She was told she will join with Jesus( and James) as they usher in the Millenium with Christ's second coming.
The sad thing is that I once believed her.
Mormonism makes us all nut cases.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.