Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 07:10PM

...Working in Utah, I work with and eat lunch w/a mix of mos and nonmos. The mos know how we feel about teir religion and we know how they feel about their religion.

A nonmo asked a mo..."what is the time cut off at nigh for missionaries? The mo answered 9pm..

My nonmo coworker then said that missionaries showed up at...9pm and knocked. His wife was the only one home and was putting kids to bed...made harder now that the dog was barking..His wife said, that she heard the door jiggle, then MORE knocking.

My co worker's wife almost went and got her gun..until she was able to look at another window and see the 3 women missionaries..

Of course the mo coworker had no response to that..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 07:26PM

They're funny about things like that. They insist the "rules" are set in stone, and nobody ever breaks them. And when you tell them of an experience where someone DID break them, they usually deny it ever happened.

For a couple of months, the JWs came by my house at 8AM Saturday mornings. Because my dear wife didn't just tell them to go away and never come back the first time they did it, so they thought they had a "hot prospect." Lots of Saturdays we sleep in or laze around in our PJs, and them coming that early was very annoying. I finally called the local Kingdom Hall, and told them to stop sending people to our house, and that 8AM was far too early anyway. The guy said they never come before 9AM, so I must be mistaken. No, I told him, 4 weeks in a row, 8AM. He kept telling me I was mistaken. I finally told him he was an idiot, and hung up. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 07:27PM

The door jiggled? That is really creepy.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 07:36PM

I think it can very from mission to mission. I think the hard set rule was to be in bed at 10:30.

Now are ready for this?
My mission had spot checks by the leaders around 8-9 pm. Any missionaries that were caught in their apartments were humiliated in front of the next zone conference. They made the guilty stand in front with a sign that read "We cheat the Lord out of his work". Real classy, eh?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 07:43PM

I think if I was a missionary...I would have ended up going to a movie or "event" of some sort (if possible, depending on the area) at ~7-8pm

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 08:18PM

Then tell them exactly what she felt, that anyone pounding on her door and especially jiggling it was likely an intruder. Actually, in a sense, they were intruding. That would teach 'em.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.