Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 10:54AM

Is ‘Evangelical’ Synonymous With Hypocrite?
Last month, Pastor Timothy Keller wrote an important article in the New Yorker asking, “Can Evangelicalism Survive Donald Trump and Roy Moore?” And Keller, himself a respected evangelical leader, pulled no punches in answering his question, writing, “‘Evangelical’ used to denote people who claimed the high moral ground; now, in popular usage, the word is nearly synonymous with ‘hypocrite.’ When I used the word to describe myself in the nineteen-seventies, it meant I was not a fundamentalist. If I use the name today, however, it means to hearers that I am.”

https://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2018/01/11/is-evangelical-synonymous-with-hypocrite-n2433097

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2018 11:00AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 11:00AM

isn't there some "hypocrite " in each of us?

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 11:12AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> isn't there some "hypocrite " in each of us?

Sure, but some of us are just more hypocritical than others. Take MORmONs and Evangelicals for instance.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 12:48PM

It's true that we are all hypocritical, however Christianity is a philosophy and for some the actual word of God. That Christianity is hypocritical is the problem. Christianity empowers bigots, haters, and abusers yet claims to be a gospel of love. The message of Christianity is - we teach love and if you love our gospel we love you but if you don't you're DEAD. Either we'll be justified in killing you or our God will. Hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.