Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 11:30PM

Zuck Fuckerberg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 01:04AM

You never put anything on social media that you dont want the fbi to find let alone a think tank or poligician. Its the whole Weiner mode. You should have known better and if not, well expect that someone you don't want to know it will find out.

I get ripped over it but I have hackers in the family. You use a phone. Once its on the social network it has a half life of at least your lifetime. Sure they'll abandon facebook but they will be just as careless on any other platform.

Im glad cambridge had to way through my cat pictures etc. Its like Kyle said in South Park. They get to see pictures of my butt mooning them.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 08:08AM

NO privacy with Facebook even under the best of circumstances, more people need to wise up to that.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 08:16AM

I keep my Facebook posts very mild, but I did go through and delete all of my apps. There were a lot more than I thought there were. Whatever damage is already done is done. But I will be a bit smarter moving forward.

Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 12:48PM

A former mentor of Zuckerberg's was interviewed the other day on the radio about this subject. He had brought up his concerns about this sort of activity and manipulation to Zuckerberg and Sandberg in the past and was politely ignored.

The most interesting thing that he said (and I haven't heard others talking about it) was that the primary goal of these manipulators isn't so much to change someone's vote. They really want to suppress the vote of groups who would otherwise support their opponents.

So, I guess the real message about this, the Russians, etc., is to commit to voting (even if you have to hold your nose while doing so). If everyone (or at least most people) did this, these sorts of manipulating groups would be less effective.

I guess being suspicious about anything that makes you so frustrated/disgusted/feeling like voting doesn't matter would also be a good lesson to learn. Because that is the actual end goal of these groups.

Perhaps education is the antidote. Imagine that.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 01:21PM

I’ve been saying for years that people should not post pics of their kids online. It’s not entirely safe to do so.

People don’t like to hear that.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 01:26PM

When the 'product' is free, then you and your data _are_ the product.

Posted by: Anon4This4 ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 03:40PM

I think Facebook is terrible, so I'm quite happy. Also people need to finish with Twitter and Instagram, complete wastes of time.

I think Youtube, Reddit, 4chan, etc. are much better. You get more in-depth discussion.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are all "me, me, me", people sharing silly selfies and all that kind of thing.

Other social networking sites like Youtube, Reddit and 4chan are more anonymous, and people tend to discuss the world around them (whether it's animal documentaries, video games, how to destroy the European Union, health and fitness, philosophy, conspiracy theories, mathematics, music, TV shows, history, hacking, etc.). I find that far more interesting than people talking about themselves constantly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.