Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 08:18PM

If you read my post about my Mormon lovestory...here's my update.

I blocked his number,social media and email basically right after he delivered the news. I also blocked his mom.

Couple of days later our mutual friend texted me and said XYZ would like to talk to me. This mutual friend is lds and used to be his companion on their mission. I said I had no interest talking to him. Then it started...this friend started talking about how he knows what happened in NY cause XYZ told him how I used his "crisis of faith" and made XYZ do "bad things" he didn't want to do. No, I wasn't ever the one who suggested going to a bar or for a coffee. It was very obvious that wasn't his first drink, coffee or first time having sex. I ended the convo with the friend, as I started getting anxious. Before we stopped texting, this friend also mentioned that things are very serious between him and the non even divorced girl and that he just wants the best for him.

Next day I see a voicemail on my phone. It was his !!Bishop!! No, I didn't return the phone call. I can only imagine what it was about.

Is there any no call list for the lds church? I don't ever want to be contacted. I was bullied by his mother, and humiliated by him, yet he's the pure one and I'm the evil.

But at the end of the day, I just really needed to get upset. I just drafted my resignation letter and openly announced my resignation to my friends and family. Sometimes I wondered why people say that feeling free from tscc takes years. I get it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 08:20PM by goldrose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gatorman not logged in ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 08:55PM

Technology wise you seem to have done what you could do to block any communication. As to the bishop-I suppose you could relate all that happened from your point of view. What he might do with the information is wholly a guess. My concern is why he might have need to call you? Ex-boyfriend unloaded his sins in an effort to be worthy to marry the divorcee- perhaps eventually in the temple. If you have a need to complicate his life you might return the call. But,ending this chapter in your life as quickly as possible seems prudent. Goldrose, I am very sorry you have experienced this painful process.

Gatorman

Posted by: VZ Gardner ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 09:17PM

Still not over him, I see.

Date: March 18, 2018 10:09PM

That's not even the issue here. Not over him in terms of being hurt. No, I don't want him back. I fully realize who he his as a person

Date: March 21, 2018 07:57PM

Hmmm, maybe that IS the issue, but you'd rather not face it. I understand; these are difficult emotional dilemmas, after all.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 12:25AM

LMAO sounds like VZ Gardener has issues.

Date: March 22, 2018 08:40PM

Y'think?

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 09:35PM

Don't talk to the bishop EVER! They will want to do a court of love with you. Sorry you are going through this. In Mormonism premertital sex is next to murder :)
Keep posting here you will learn a lot. Stay on birthcontrol pills and use condoms he will probably come back and want sex again. He sounds like a little boy who needs his mom and bishop to protect them from you since he can't resist you by himslef. He is not worth your time.

Posted by: Been There ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 10:01PM

Gold rose,

You did real, real good blocking this guy. You need to delete the Bishop’s VM, block him, and block the “friend” who seems to be harassing you under the excuse of “helping his friend”. Get yourself far, far away from these people and anyone close with them. I hope you have a good support system (family, friends, co-workers, etc). This will pass, as I think you know, but it will be painful in the short term and you need to stay busy doing things you enjoy. STAY BUSY AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOSER AND HIS ILK!! I had a similarly crazy ex years ago...similar “mommy issues”. He dumped me and was engaged to someone else within 3 months. It was a horrible thing to go through. But I stayed strong and stayed away. He never did get married to that girl (lucky her!) and moved to the same small town his mom lives in. Trust me, you DO NOT want a dude with mommy issues and a psycho mommy!!!

Date: March 18, 2018 10:11PM

Luckily I live far. My Mormon family isn't very supportive, but that's okayZ

Posted by: Been There Again ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 10:18PM

I wish I could reach through my screen and hug you, what this dude put you through is painful as hell. Please, please, walk away from this guy and all of his friends (including the nosy Rosie bishop!) no matter how hard they try to suck you back in. Don’t try and get “closure” or whatever...you don’t need it! Don’t try and justify yourself to any of them! MAKE A CLEAN AND COMLETE BREAK. Mormons are very good at tracking people down, so if they manage to find you be prepared and be “all business”. Tell them “I have moved on from this situation, I do not wish to discuss it with you, please respect my privacy” and hang up/shut door/whatever. In time, when this is over, you’ll be very proud of yourself!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 11:09PM

You might consider blocking the mutual friend as well. He sure didn't have any good news or support to share with you.

The Polish have a really great expression -- "Not my circus, not my monkeys." That's the attitude I would take with all of them.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 11:51PM

I would either change your phone number or use caller ID on your phone. If you dont know the number, do not answer it. If you get messages from LDS members. BLOCK.

Do not adopt the drama into your life. I think its VERY tacky the friend called you and made you seem like some weapon of mass seduction. Further more, your "ex" is telling others what happened and coming up with a backstory.

Im so sorry this happened to you, but it could be worse, you could have ended up married to him!

RMM

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 19, 2018 09:00AM

You can simply resign.
No need to draft a 'resignation letter', they won't read it anyway at church headquarters.

Resigning now is a good idea.
It sounds like loverboy made you out to be the whore Babylon to his family in order to assuage his guilt.

It was smart of you to refuse any further communication with the cultists.
But be prepared, they will probably try and hunt you down through your Mormon family members.

As if you your sex life was anyone's business but your own.
SMH, these people are NUTS.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2018 11:15AM

How horrible! You're the bad guy. Well of course, because you are the girl and you also don't believe, so of course you are the bad guy. Didn't you know it is a woman's job to keep the guy from having sex? (sarcasm)

I was told once that the reason my gay husband cheated was because I didn't give him enough sex. They didn't know how much sex we were having, but it obviously wasn't enough.

I actually had a missionary I waited for. I don't talk him much on here. I kind of forget he ever existed!! When I wrote him a Dear John on his mission, and I had many reasons for doing it, one being he was a jerk. Anyway, the zone leaders wrote me a really horrible letter. They mimicked my letter. I still have it. I cried over it. Well, they were also part of the problem. There were always doing things like having contests for the missionaries to send out contest cookie letters to all the women they knew. My boyfriend also didn't like that I was working with 20 men--MEN--at least 20 years old than me in most cases and married. He didn't like it at all and didn't want me to talk about work in my letters.

Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: March 19, 2018 12:01PM

Well, if you were thinking about feeling sorry for him, I guess he cured you of that.

I agree with the others. You are physically away from him and his pathetic posse. Block, block and block some more. You owe these people nothing, not even a "Hello” on the phone when they call to harass you.

Just email in your resignation. I think instructions are at the top of the face page for this site.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 19, 2018 12:06PM

I agree that your ex, his mother, his friend and his bishop are all CRAZY! That seems like a lot of crazy people in your life, but, the Mormon cult creates insanity. I speak from personal experiences and the experiences of others.

A crazy con-man RM manipulated me into marrying him in the temple. He pretended to be a university student on an academic scholarship, but he was only a Mormon shoe-in, there for the summer, only. His grandfather is an important GA. He fooled my family, too, my family threw us a huge wedding reception, before any of us had ever met his parents. Turned out that his parents and siblings were not speaking to him, because he had a criminal record of assault and battery. He assaulted his neighbors, their pets, and his own sister, who had to go to the hospital, and social services removed her from the parent's home. He began beating me on our wedding day, and almost every day, for many months, until I divorced him. The Mormon cult would not annul the marriage, and would not give me a temple divorce, would not give me a "temple clearance" or whatever they called it at the time. The thug's Mormon GA family claimed me as their possession, because I was sealed to their family, and they harassed me, and preached at me, that I should forgive the beatings, and go back to being married to that horrible criminal.

I had to move away from home, and hide in a big city, but the ex kept tracking me down. Whenever I moved, the first thing I did was get a police restraining order against him and his relatives. My bully ex found another victim-wife quickly, and was married the day our civil divorce was final. He and his family did not stop stalking me, even then! Mormons believe in eternal polygamy, and in their mind, I was still one of his wives!

CRAZY!!!!!!

I changed my name, and in a few years got married to a former member of the BYU wrestling team, and lived a few houses away from my husband's equally big and strong brothers, and my new father-in-law, who had a lot of power in the community. Bullys are cowards, and this finally stopped my ex.

I am glad you are at home, near family, and those who can protect you. Your ex-boyfriend might be more than "just a jerk." Already, he has tried to harm you with his ugly gossip.

As for your ex's missionary friend and his bishop--believe it or not, there are men who enjoy hearing about the sex lives of others! Don't ever speak to these men again! This is sexual harassment!

The Mormon cult is always trying to re-write its history, and re-frame their leading character, Joseph Smith, into "the most wonderful human being--next to Jesus Christ--to have ever lived on Earth"! In truth, JS was a polygamist, a statutory-rapist, an adulterer who married other men's wives, a business scammer, a sociopath, and a proven liar!

Your ex is trying to rewrite his history, to placate his mother and his divorced girl friend.

Your ex is trying to vindicate himself, the Mormon way. By blaming YOU for everything! The Mormons were hated in the community, because they were polygamists and frauds and nasty criminals (you can find details throughout RFM), but the Mormon claim they were "persecuted" unjustly. They claim they were hated for their righteousness! How ridiculous! The Mormons consistently turn around and "blame the victim". (For example, Cl2 was blamed for not giving her husband enough sex--insane!) This is also the way sociopaths operate.

The GOOD news is that you escaped! Carefully guard your boundary of "no contact." Get a restraining orders against bishop, the friend, your ex, and his mother. Hopefully, when they receive official notices in the mail, they will get the message and back off. This will not stop the gossip, but you won't know about it, because your live far away.

The other GOOD news is that this is not about you. It's all about your ex's Mormon craziness. He will do anything--lie, cheat, accuse, throw you under the bus--in order to please his mother and the cult. The focus is on themselves and this divorced girl, and I think they will leave you alone.

More GOOD news: with Mormons it is "out of sight, out of mind." Once you resign, once you are of no use to them, once their excommunication-repentance-reinstating-temple recommend mumbo-jumbo is in action, they will not remember you.

You can be free NOW, in your mind, in your plans, in your relationships, career, interests, your personal style, and in every other aspect of your life! I had a lot of fun (in spite of the Mormon shunning) when I first resigned. I did a "lifestyle makeover", and changed all the things I didn't like. This was not a "rebellion", because I followed my heart, stayed healthy, kept my morals and principles, and focused on a more POSITIVE life view.

Every day, as the days go by, you will be more and more glad that you separated yourself from those crazy cult-members and their "religion of lies and hate."

Posted by: Been There ( )
Date: March 19, 2018 05:32PM

You don’t want an unstable S.O. You don’t want a crazy TBM. You don’t want a mama’s boy. You sure as heck don’t want an unstable TBM mama’s boy! I’ve got a $20 says the new girlfriend will be gone within 3 months. Mama won’t like the fact she is divorced, trust. Come to think of it, mama wont think anyone is good enough for her precious.

Date: March 19, 2018 08:23PM

In the previous part I explained that the mom is happy because now the son can say they didn't get married in the temple because she's divorced. Not because he was inactive for months

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.