Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 11:45AM

Isn't a MP considered mormon royalty? Shouldn't have others higher up, with more, better , and speshul discernment known about this?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/03/24/woman-accusing-former-mtc-president-of-attempted-rape-in-1984-says-she-now-appreciates-mormonleaks-release-of-her-explosive-recording/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 11:49AM

It really sounds like the church authorities did not do their vetting and due diligence. There were apparently more than enough red flags raised by Weber State people.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 11:58AM

Yup, inadequate research and due diligence. And after the fact, the church says it lacks the police's investigative resources and hence is not responsible.

Absent from these statements is any claim that they receive inspiration of any sort. This has to underscore the need to end bishops' interviews with children.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 12:30PM

I think THAT message...should be reiterated w/the flock. I know it won't, but if they should take anything away from the article, it's that right there...

Posted by: MahonriOne ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 04:30PM

Mission president is royalty - and Mission President to The Missionary Training Center has to be a centerpiece Show job in that group.

That they called a sexual predator to the job is as bad as baptizing Ted Bu-ndy a Mormon in the midst of his killing spree.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 07:57PM

Mormons have less discernment, because they've been schooled in blindly obeying their superiors. And the average Mormon has a lot of superiors.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 12:55PM

Yes.

Mormons are taught to surrender their moral judgment to superiors. If those superiors are immoral or morally purblind, the end result is terrible.

Mormons are more vulnerable than most people of comparable intelligence and education.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 08:07PM

Actually it was Brother Bishop’s discernment and foresight to restore the lost doctrines of Joseph Smith.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 07:08AM

I would think Mormonleaks leaking of the audio recording would bolster her case, not hurt it. It may drag out the process longer. But in the end it is pretty damning, and the publicity of the church's attempts to sweep it under the rug make the church look even worse. Juries do not tend to be sympathetic to large organizations who attempt to hide sexual abuse.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 01:48PM

I always hated the claim of discernment; especially from PH leaders. What they really had was a group of members (rats) that would fink on your misdeeds or they would listen to gossip and rumors.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 11:04PM

In many years of Mormonism, I never saw one case where the spirit of discernment actually worked. But many mothers has strong intuition with their kids!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 11:36PM

Discernment is so highly overrated!

Just how much discernment does it take for a bishop to accuse a 16 year old boy hat he’s lying about not masturbating with some degree of frequency?

Luckily for me and my cohort, Bishop Worthen never used his discernment!

Posted by: CheapGrace ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 08:21AM

This is the proper link...showing that certain parts of the female body are off-limits by certain parts of the male anatomy.

It teaches us why atheists are all so miserable, night and day.

http://stakepresident.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 12:50PM

The badass has the curse of discernment and none of those leaders have discernment. Don't ask how i got this ability because i have no idea but it's a d@mn good tool to use to protect yourself from bullsh#t.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.