Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon101010 ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 06:22PM

They’re one of the few sources of sanity in my life. I love being able to call up my birth mom, dad, grandma, siblings and just have normal conversations. I can talk to my birth dad about issues in my life without being called unfaithful and selfish. My birth mom likes me the way I am. I feel like I can be myself.

In just so happy I have them. They’re honestly the only reason why I keep living. I was on the brink of suicide a while back because my adoptive mom was making me feel like garbage because of church-related crap, so I went to visit them for the first time. It changed my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 06:33PM

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Date: March 30, 2018 08:45PM

Thank you! It’s so exciting. I talked to them on the phone today and all of my spiritual angst went away for a moment.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 06:51PM

It may be that your birth family will be your best supporters. It's nice that you have a cordial relationship with them. In time they may become more important than your adoptive family.

Date: March 30, 2018 08:47PM

So true. I think you’re right.

In the end, they might be my best option for a happy life. It’s weird how everything came full circle.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 11:54PM

Realistically, every living person has a certain amount of challenges to deal with.
But don't let Mormons ruin your zest for life. They are caught up in weird cult traditions.

You seem to be maturing out of Mormonism.
Remember, you always have the option of walking away without guilt.
Just because your adoptive family bought themselves a baby many years ago does not mean you are in their debt forever.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 09:21PM

I know they must be overjoyed to be in your life and to see what a great person you have become! ((((Op))))))

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 10:00PM

I hope my birth son has that kind of epiphany someday.

His adoptive mom flipped out when I found him, and has threatened him that if he has any contact with me she'll cut him off as in disinherit him.

They weren't speaking to each other when I found him because he hated her, and she was practicing "tough love" on him, according to his adoptive family who would speak to me. Then she went ballistic because of my making contact (it wasn't supposed to happen according to her beliefs.)

He's an ex-Mormon now despite having served a mission. He went A-wall following it.

His half-brother, the son I raised, has told me they shared correspondence after his other mother told him not to ever have communication with me. He made an exception for his half-brother (he always wanted a brother.) But they're distant too, and haven't kept in touch.

I'm glad for you that you're able to make contact and have a relationship with your birth family. It was my lifelong dream from when he was born that I'd find him someday. Nothing prepared me for his evil, cultish adoptive family though. Nothing. They were awful to me. That reinforced how I was duped and deceived by TSCC when I was a young woman. They stole my child away using false pretenses. He wasn't in a better place either. He was used and exploited by them. A child laborer who they didn't even afford him a higher education. He was stripped of his birthright and birth family. They lied to him about his heritage. He had no idea what his birth family was about before I found him finally. Now he does, so at least he has that ie, a true identity of where he came from and his birthright.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 10:16PM

I found my birth family 3 1/2 years ago and they have been such a bright light in my life too. And not a Mormon among them.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 11:34PM

That must've been such a relief for you, that you share that in common.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 11:55PM

It's been pretty damn cool alright Amyjo. After meeting them all I said "sure good that you all like to drink and cuss or this wouldn't work"!

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: March 31, 2018 01:08AM

I searched for my half sister that my mother relinquished. I found her and that was over 28 years ago. We all had a happy reunion with several of us siblings and my mother. In a weird twist, her birth father found her first and she was living with him in the bay area not far from the rest of us. Both of her adoptive parents have died and both of her birth parents. She has all of us and we have her. We love her and it's like she never was apart from us, kind of. I miss that we did not get to grow up together. But we get to grow old together and share our children and grandchildren with her. Good times.
Those that are searching for your birth families...know that sometimes besides your birth mother or birth father, your siblings, aunts or uncles,cousins, have been waiting all their lives to connect with you.

Posted by: Captain Klutz ( )
Date: March 31, 2018 01:41AM

There have been many, many times I wished I was adopted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.