Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lalameme ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 04:54PM

I'm a middle aged man.

I've been dealing with the mormons quite well for a long time but all of a sudden I am angry again.

Really angry.

I find mormons, especially the ones that claim they are the "cool" mormons who really don't take it all that seriously to be unbearable.

The problem is that I am surrounded by them on all sides and I suddenly have been unable to stay quiet.

I've asked almost every mormon I know why they think people leave the church.

It has not gone well once and I can tell you that mormons are mostly illogical, unbearable, assholes.

They either have no clue what the church teaches or they are outright liars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 04:59PM

Yeah, I get it.

Which is why I almost never spend any time around mormons, other than a very few family members that I've trained to never talk about their cult around me :)

For you: time to move?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 05:09PM

Don't depend on them for an honest answer as to why Mormons leave the fold.

You know why you left, and it has nothing to do with the church' official stance that ex-Mormons are defective goods.

The church itself is defective and dysfunctional as a religious institution.

You'll get more mileage if you ask ex-Mos why did they leave? Their answers will probably be as diverse as they are, and may well surprise you. Or you'll find you have more in common with them than you knew.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 05:32PM

I left Mormonism because it is a hoax.

It's a money-grabbing, power-hungry CULT.

I took my children out of the cult, because my sons were being physically abused, and my little girl was molested by the bishop's creepy son. When I took them out, I actually still believed, but started to look for answers for unanswered questions.

So, I also studied my way out of the cult.

After that, doctrinal and historical reasons have piled up, and are too numerous to list here, and for you to read. You probably know them all, anyway.

I, too, get very angry when I'm TOLD why I left. The president of the church Thomas Monson TOLD the members why we leave:

We are "offended, lazy, and wanting to sin"

Several Mormon neighbors accosted me in my own front yard, and TOLD me why we left:

We need to "read the BOM" again (already read it 6 times in SS, Seminary, BYU, and Institute) and so have my kids.

Not one Mormon has ever ASKED ME WHY I left. Mormons are afraid to hear that their religion is a proven hoax.

Don't worry. The anger comes in waves. I still get fired up, and we've been resigned for 10 years.

We're happier than we've ever been. I did go into therapy, and got help in setting boundaries with Mormons, establishing "no contact" with abusive Mormon family members who abuse me in childhood, and who stole money from me when I was an adult.

I recommend therapy to you, if the anger and pain are making
you unhappy. Some of us still have to deal with Mormon family members or work colleagues. Some of us have PTSD from Mormon abuse.

It is unfair to let the cult continue to make your life miserable, when you have gone through all the trauma of leaving.

Be proud of yourself, as a cult-survivor!

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 06:46PM

lalameme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I find mormons, especially the ones that claim
> they are the "cool" mormons who really don't take
> it all that seriously to be unbearable.
>
Totally. Did they use their faux swearing on ya, too?

Hate the coolios who think they are too good for Mormon but dont' know f-all about life or their own religion and STAY IN IT.

I feel ya.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 07:16PM

whether the mormons are sticking their noses in my business, etc. My daughter is TBM and she uses the mormons to her advantage. She and I are getting along right now, but the relationship is always on fragile ground. Then the neighbors and other family members act as though it is because I'm a sinner that she and I can't get along. Yet they don't get along with their children who are not mormon any longer.

When a neighbor decides to invite me to a church function as though I need saving, then I back off and don't have as much to do with them.

They just won't or can't get it and they don't care to ask why I'm out. They just assume I decided to be a bad person and most of them haven't a clue what I was like before.

We didn't just decide to be "lazy" and sin. We made CHOICES--educated choices. I think they fear that we know something they don't and maybe this can happen to them, too.

My anger comes and goes. Right now it is at a fairly low level as it has been winter and I don't end up in the yard with neighbors stopping to talk. ALL my neighbors are mormon. When they bug me, I usually just flaunt my lifestyle more in front of them.

Posted by: matildafromhappyvalley ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 07:31PM

They like to act like you are overreacting to mormonism. That your'e weird somehow because mormonism causes any kind of emotional reaction.

But they're so clueless they don't realize that they believe all the emotional and crazy stuff.

Polygamy
chopped off heads and arms
Stones in Hats
Threatening Angels
God speaking with men in the top of the temple about underwear
and earrings.

It's the cool mormon who is overreacting by trying so hard to pretend like it isn't all Batxxxx crazy.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 08:05PM

It is difficult to be around people who have no integrity if you have some. Mormons are all about image not substance.

You could try pitying them instead of getting angry but it may not be as satisfying. The best though is when you can get to a place where you just find them boring.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.