Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 11:42PM

Facebook to exclude North American users from some privacy enhancements

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/facebook-exclude-us-users-privacy-112307941.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 10:18AM

No one actually NEEDS Facebook and no good comes from having your private life splashed all over the web.

Close it down.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 11:22AM

Elyse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one actually NEEDS Facebook and no good comes
> from having your private life splashed all over
> the web.

This has been my opinion since before Facebook (in its present incarnation) ever existed.

[There was a sort of pre-Facebook for several years, which was restricted to college and university students, so (because I knew some of the students who were being used for those first trials) I became aware of it...both the apparently "good," as well as the obviously "bad." That first, college students only, trial really frightened me because I became aware of at least some of the dystopian potential consequences (I never thought about it in sweeping "1984"/BRAVE NEW WORLD terms...though I SHOULD have). When the present incarnation of Facebook began, I steadily became ever more concerned, on a number of levels (the bullying...the suicides...). There were times during the past fifteen years when I thought I might be over-reacting to what might be just a personal quirk of mine...but, as it has turned out, I wasn't. What I sensed in the pre-beginning (even if I did not know the ever-evolving facts in the future) was accurate. Facebook scares me, and it always has.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 11:36AM by Tevai.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.