Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:49PM

Hey all. I've been lurking for awhile. Felt like sharing an interesting experience I had today.

I was attending open mosque day today. It's where muslims open the mosque up to the public, with information booths, tours, etc. for educational purposes. Lo and behold I saw one of my former bishops there. I saw the wife of the current bishop and her children there too. It's been a long time, so they wouldn't remember who I was unless I went up to them. I didn't bother, but it was strange to see them there during church hours. They either missed church or rushed to the 1:00 session. Wtf?? I KNOW they're active members and pulling something like this is a big no no!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:53PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:55PM

I am impressed all the way around!!!

I wish all communities had this kind of opportunity, and I am very happy that your community did...and that "unexpected" guests were there. ;)

Wherever you are geographically, this is a really nice post to read today.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:55PM

That's unusual. As a Mormon, I felt creeped out just walking into another Christian church. That seems ridiculous now, but I did feel that way in the past.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 04:06PM

I know this is cynical, but Mormons seem to be trying harder to be part of the religious community. They want to be seen as a team players and supporters of religion in general.

My guess is that the bishop is there trying to act all accepting like Mormons want to be accepted.

I think they (religions) know they have to work together to further their agendas instead of badmouthing each other as they compete for acceptance and suckers to attend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.