Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon 4 This ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:14PM

This may sound wacky...

I'm trying to consolidate two facebook accounts. I used to keep one for work, and one for personal, but I'm retired now and just want to consolidate them all into one (basically, the people I want to keep in touch with from work I'll add to my personal account, and abandon the "work" account). It's too much trouble to maintain two, especially to maintain contacts that don't interest me any longer.

So, here's the problem:

From my personal account, I'm looking at the "friends" of my professional account, and clicking the "Add Friend" button on the appropriate people (roughly a quarter of them, about 200).

Well, some of those friends don't have an "Add Friend" button (about a dozen). Facebook says that there are two reasons this can happen:
1) They already have the maximum number of friends (5000)
2) They have their "who can add friends" set to "friends of friends"

So, I can see them from my "professional" account, and they don't have 5000 friends.
And, to check the second reason, I friended my professional account from my personal account, so those people should be friends of friends.

But still no "Add Friend" button.

I wondered if perhaps I had already sent them a friend request and it was declined (I generally do this myself when people friend me from multiple accounts), but Facebook says if the request is declined that the button reappears (while it's pending, the button grays out), unless they block you, which isn't the case because I can see their profile.

What gives?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:31PM

Are your two accounts “friends” with each other? Making the accounts friends should satisfy the friends of friends requirement that some of your work friends must have their accounts set to.

Oh, I see that you did that already. I’d say at this point email them directly and ask them to friend your personal account, if it means that much to you.

Otherwise, let it go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 02:36PM by rubi123.

Posted by: facebook ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 05:48PM

Facebook sucks

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.