Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bradfree ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 07:55PM

Hello All.
I have been a lurker/infrequent poster on RFM since the early days. I appreciated this site so much. I am ready to resign and am wondering if the information on this website, although last updated in 2012, is still accurate?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oneanddone ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:34AM

Topping

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:04AM

There is a gentleman named Mike who will help resign those wanting to leave. I hope he is still helping though, because I left two years ago with his help.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:09AM

More exmos are resigning by email now which is easier, but might have minor drawbacks if someone claims they didn't receive the message or they deleted it by "accident." Snail mail includes the option of having the mormons sign for your letter and letting you know if this doesn't happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 10:16AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:12AM

Yes, it is accurate.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:31AM

Look up "Quit Mormon" and the lawyer dude that helps for free should be able to help you get out quickly. Congrats.

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:13PM

Just email your resignation to the membership email address and indicate you don't want contact from local leaders except to confirm that your membership has been dissolved. My resignation took a little over two months to complete and I had no contact from local leadership. I had not been active in my ward for nearly 20 years so I'm guessing they just expedited my request sans local leadership.

The first letter I received confirmed the receipt of my resignation request and indicated the request would be taken up by local leaders who were named in the letter. But local leaders didn't contact me. The second letter I received confirmed the removal of my name from membership records. If you are active and know your Bishop it could be different - they might try to contact you to discuss because you have a relationship with them. In my case, no relationship whatsoever with local leadership.

I recently prepped this resignation letter for my BIL and you are free to use what you like. My BIL's resignation is taking longer because his wife is TBM and it has turned into a major family issue that could lead to divorce. He has been subjected to a rash of guilt tripping interviews with both the Bishop and Stake Prez. It seems like they really make attempts to keep families in the fold. It's a real mess!

-Sample notice of resignation-

Your full name
Your full address
Your DOB:
Your Membership number: <<use 'unknown' if you don't know>>
Your Ward:
Your Mission:
Your Email:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Membership Department
50 E North Temple
SLC UT 84150
Email: msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

<<date>>

Subject: Resignation of membership

To whom it may concern,
I hereby resign my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and thereby relinquish all ordinances, endowments, responsibilities and privileges effective immediately. Further, I request permanent removal of my name from membership records. I ask that you accept this letter as my official notice of resignation.

I wish no contact from church representatives except to confirm that my name has been removed from membership records. All contact is to be made via email or by regular mail. I expect to receive confirmation of membership removal within a reasonably short period of time. My decision to resign is firm and binding.

While I appreciate what the church does in terms of humanitarian efforts; I do not accept, believe in, respect or have any confidence whatsoever in church founder Joseph Smith, Jr. whom I consider to be a fraud and sexual predator. I regard those individuals that currently lead the church to be charlatans and frauds because they continue to perpetuate falsehoods born out of the founding of the church. Please execute my resignation request posthaste.

I appreciate your assistance in dissolving my membership.
Regards,

Your full name

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:57PM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:19PM

I used that information to resign. It only took about three or

four weeks before I got my confirmation letter that I was no

longer a member, that was about four years ago. I have no idea

if things have changed since then but I doubt it.

Go for it.... !!!!!

Oh and they don't ask for a reason why you are resigning. You

don't need to provide one.

Posted by: readwrite-LO ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:55PM

Bradfree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HelloWAll.
> I have been a lurker... since the "early days". I [appreciate] appreciated(?) this site so much... I am [FINALLY!(?)] ready to resign and am wondering if the information on this website, although last updated in 2012, is still accurate?

INFORMATION? Accuracy? Change?

The question is, Is Your Desire - and RESOLVE - still accurate?

The "church" doesn't change, and neither does escaping, fleeing, leaving, surviving, or otherwise exciting mormonism... the LDS CULTure, 'the church', the "people", the 'thought's, the nightmares...

You are the only thing that changes. Or should.

There is only ONE WAY to begin mormonism but an unlimited number of ways to end, or leave, it. I'd say "ALONE". In the corner, where it belongs, practicing it's primary songs.

QUIT mormonizm already
No time to waste
Make haste!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.