Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 04:58PM

Welcome to Mormon.org! I am Nikki, me I read that the Mormon church was connected to Nazi Germany and that Mormons were part of the Hitler youth" Nikki no we are not connected at all and we are not Nazis! I have to go your language is not allowed on here! Chat has ended!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 19, 2018 04:58PM

Yes they supported Nazis and deny it! Bunch of resist arrogant people-

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 05:59PM

They didn't only not resist. The Mormons of Nazi Germany were largely complicit. As were the rest of the populace who turned their backs on their fellow country men, women, and children.

They knew what was going on in their own backyards with the concentration camps, and killing fields, and turned a blind eye.

Contacting the chat site for Mormon missionaries though will get you exactly where? Are you hoping for a confession? Most of them aren't even aware of the Mormon connection to Nazi Germany.

If they are, it isn't something they're going to discuss as missionary discussions.

Use your time wisely, crazyhorse. They're trained to end such chat sessions. It is counter-productive to their objectives and gets you exactly nowhere. You're better off discussing such issues here rather than there.

Mormons are not objective about their beliefs. You may find that difficult to understand as a never mo. But it's true. They're in denial.

Posted by: Anon42day ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 07:01PM

The book “Moroni and the swastika” offers a fairly in-depth
Explanation of what was going on regarding the Mormon church
And it’s active participation with Nazi Germany

Date: April 19, 2018 07:17PM

Thanks. That is an excellent resource. I hadn't known of the Mormon connection to Nazi Germany before learning of this book. The author/historian spoke at the 2015 ex-Mormon conference in SLC on the subject. I believe that was the same year it first became published.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 10:57PM

And Jews are 'too smart' to join a cult anyway, right?

That is what crazyhorse can learn here?

(Yes, we kept your posts)

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 07:40PM

Date: April 19, 2018 08:11PM

Seeing the photo of the Mormon basketball team giving the Nazi salute is worth a thousand words.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:07PM

No doubt

Date: April 19, 2018 07:43PM

Sadly the complicit cooperation with Nazi Germany stretched all the way To SLC. J. Ruban Clark jr. was a counselor to David O.Mackay and vocal about his hatred of Jews.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 10:04PM

An old woman who I met on my mission in the 80's told me about her experiences as a young girl in Nazi Germany. In the Mormon chapel she attended church at, on one side of the room was a large picture of Jesus. In the same position but on the other side of the room, was a large picture of Adolph Hitler. Church members would stand up in testimony meeting and say things like "I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and that Adolph Hitler is a great and inspired leader of our country". She said that the price of having the church was that they had to praise and support the Nazi government. Her mother once disparaged Hitler in front of a friend of the family. The guy got all serious and said to her "if I were not a good friend of your husband's he would greturn home tomorrow to find you missing, and he would never see you again".

Date: April 19, 2018 10:20PM

Many German citizens who were converted and baptized into the Mormon church were able to obtain help from SLC in relocating
And immigrating to the United States. The exception however was
If the convert was Jewish. Their requests for any help were ignored.

Date: April 21, 2018 01:26PM

This just makes me very sad. That the Mormons would turn their backs on anyone let alone their Jewish converts is nothing less than criminal. No church of God would stoop to such a low.

Date: April 19, 2018 10:41PM

Yep and the Mormons even baptized Hitler! I hope the Mormon church goes bankrupt soon and fades away! They hate gays , black people and are arrogant! Thank you so much Joseph conman Smith!

Date: April 19, 2018 10:42PM

I went on Mormon. Org to see if they knew that they were connected to Nazi Germany! Bunch of arrogant people! Yes they were but love lying!

Date: April 19, 2018 11:15PM

It’s a fools errand to expect or even hope for anyone to acknowledge any wrong doing in regards too the entire tragedy of the holocaust.
Many Nazi war criminals went to the gallows after the war
Saying nothing. Even if words were spoken they will never be what we are hoping to hear. Mainly because there are no words
That could possibly even come close to explaining any of that craziness which went on. The Mormon church will never admitt
To anything and it is pure crazy making to expect any different than that

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:39PM

I didn't know there was a connection until now.

Date: April 19, 2018 11:43PM

It is sick and Hitler was crazy! And loved the occult! He did not die in 1945 but escaped and went to Argentina! Many Nazis lived there! Wouldn't be surprised if many went to Utah!

Date: April 21, 2018 01:19PM

This is something my Jewish cousin believes happened. Her mother was a Kindertransport orphan from Nazi Germany to England during the Holocaust.

She really believes Hitler escaped to Argentina despite evidence to the contrary ie, he committed suicide in a bunker in Germany.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:44PM

Sorry, this is Very old news.

Something current is much more important!

Date: April 21, 2018 01:22PM

Really? 2015 is very old news?

It is fairly recent in historical terms shedding light on Mormon complicity in Nazi Germany. It is an important aspect of what happened, so not irrelevant. Add there are people right here on RfM who are hearing it for the very first time, such as Abby posting on this thread.

Every time this subject has been discussed there are new readers hearing it for the first time.

Posted by: emmahailyes ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 01:14PM

Many years ago I attended a ward in Milwaukee. It was loaded with Germans who were brought over by the church after WWII. I know for a fact, several had been Nazis. I remember testimony meetings where they would get up and cry about the invasion of their homeland by the USA. I found the whole thing astounding.

Date: April 21, 2018 01:23PM

Wow, that is astonishing.

But maybe not so surprising given the historical context of Mormonism's involvement w/Hitler's regime.

Date: April 21, 2018 02:05PM

The part that I find so disturbing is that J Ruban Clark Jr was a counselor in the first presidency throughout WWII and after. He served with three different Presidents and yet, according to Michael Quinn, was completely anti-Semitic and shared this hatred for Jews openly and “used his church position to obstruct what he perceived to be “Jewish influence. After Nazi Germany’s annexation of Austria, Clark denied desperate pleas by Austrian Mormon converts from Judaism who sought the churches help in iemigrating to safety.”

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 02:14PM

To your knowledge, is there any commentary as to what fueled/justified his anti-Semitism. It is hard to believe that he would hold on to this emnity when it came to converts...

Date: April 21, 2018 02:35PM

He was extremely racist as a young man and hated every ethnic group. He hated Mexicans and lo and behold became an Ambassador
To Mexico and grew to love the people there and actually apologized publically for being shortsighted and judgemental.
He managed to forgive the Japanese even though his son in law was killed at Pearl Harbor. He totally upheld the churches ban on blacks but upheld their right to education and their personal-civil Rights.

While he made changes Michael Quinn felt his anti semitism was somehow tied into his hatred of communism. He carried both hatreds for Jews and communists for the rest of his life. Never
Wavering and never ashamed

Date: April 21, 2018 02:20PM

He was a vile anti-Semite by all accounts.

Not a man of God, I think not.

Date: April 22, 2018 05:48PM

Man of Hitler and Joseph Smith! I can't watch the holocaust at all and the Nazis looked like a cult to me or kkk but in Germany

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.