Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 03:05AM

was in the Washington Arboretum, next to the UW...

we had just taken our first-born (son) to a well-baby checkup at the UW hospital, it was a Super-Hot August day...

We found a semi-secluded place, saw the water & felt our sweating bodies... Why Not???

so OFF went our clothes (my garmies!) and into the water we went, with son watching (?) from his car seat.

My wife spontaneously commented how great it was to feel the water all over (without any dripping swim-suit!)!

Later, we joined a nearby nudist club, which we loved visiting for either an afternoon or a 1/2 night get-away from our then large family...UNTIL the bishop found out about it, he guilt-tripped wife into quitting.

Around that same time, the Parks & Recreation Commission held a hearing; on the agenda was a proposal to designate a small portion of a state park as Clothing Optional, which I testified in favor of: NO MENTION of the LDS church (of course!)

My testimony was shown on TV, and that prompted the ward (stake?) members to Rat Me Out.... over statements at A PUBLIC MEETING !?

What a wake-up about freedom of speech, how intrusive TSCC is into our private lives!

Unfortunately, these incidents were a prelude to a vicious divorce, filed against me because 'he stopped going to church'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 04:59AM

For every ex-Mormon comes a tipping point when their shelf breaks. Guess that happened to be yours.

My own temple married parents stopped going to church subsequent to their divorce. The Mormon friends they had when married quickly dissipated into ether once they were no longer a couple. Talk about 'fair weather' friends.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 09:18AM

(The story goes)Adam and Eve were naked.
Nobody else ever can be.
Thus saith the profit. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.