Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 01:25AM

to be an extension of "family."

I admit, posting about my surgery has been a sort of OT-drama. But the love and support I got from other community members has been worth more than I can ever express.

"We are FA-MI-LY!!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 01:30AM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to be an extension of "family."
>
> I admit, posting about my surgery has been a sort
> of OT-drama. But the love and support I got from
> other community members has been worth more than I
> can ever express.
>
> "We are FA-MI-LY!!"

Yes!

I (a nevermo) came here by "accident," via a random Google search, and I stayed for the community.

There is much human richness here, available to anyone who
wanders by and wants to partake.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 01:39AM

I've been bad catnip while you've been away. The wild child maybe in the family.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 01:45AM

Speaking for myself, though probably most would agree with me, I genuinely care about you, Catnip!

I felt bad about complaining about the complainers on this board, who feel like everyone "owes" them, because they have been through pain and distress. It's hard to sympathize with "haters," at times, but we come around....

This has nothing to do with you! Don't think of your posts as "OT-drama". Just because it is OT, it is still about love, and support, and getting through the rough times. We need this. Most of us didn't get any of this from the Mormons, at least I didn't. Believe me, we have all had bad moments (I've complained about my wife-beater temple ex waaaay too much), and anyone who has been the victim of a cult has also been the victim of abuse, IMO.

I thank YOU, Catnip, for giving us a chance to have real feelings of empathy--for some of us, this is new. After leaving the cult, I have had to learn how to be a friend, starting from scratch.

The nice people on RFM have been there for me, too. Who else will hear you in the middle of the night, when you are afraid to wake anyone up. I often have night pain, and I come here, and read about others who are having pain and getting through it, and getting lovely support from the posters here, I feel less alone.

I'm glad you're home, catnip. Please let us know the results of your tests.

I send you love, good thoughts, positive energy, and prayers (I still believe in God).

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 02:01AM

Yes, Catnip, please continue to keep us apprised of what's going on. Be careful of doing too much.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 02:06AM

My EXMO, ex-ward, ex cult family. Hugs to all!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 07:19AM

Well catnip, you are a part of my recovery.

As part of being an ex-mo, who would've thunk that there'd be a network of cancer survivors among us too?

Guess that's life. It is a caring support group, and we are here for you.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 03:58PM

I'm one of those, catnip.
Posting about your surgery wasn't OT drama -- it was family keeping other family up to date.
Keep doing it, please :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.