Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 01:13PM

and laughing within themselves basically.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 01:29PM

I'm sensing ... based on ZERO evidence ... that the others resent Uchtdorf being on the Q.

He said/admitted that leaders have made mistakes, but he didn't explain or elaborate, he didn't mention any thought or attempt to correct them.

POISON to let the rank-and-file understand that, IMHO.

laughing? Certainly, but not out loud where others can observe it, knowing they're in on a SCAM.

Date: May 03, 2018 01:35PM

I can see those guys laughing within themselves for a very long time that is why i had to ask. Oaks especially.

Date: May 03, 2018 01:41PM

Those b@stards played us all like a fiddle. It's funny how my mind naturally resisted to it all without knowing it was a cult back in the day. I used to always say to myself when reading scripture that this makes absolutely no sense. But what could i do or talk to back then, nobody.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 02:24PM

I think they’re programmed, but LD$ is definitely a business. It’s so driven by the love of money that they don’t know who God is anymore.

Date: May 03, 2018 03:52PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they’re programmed, but LD$ is
> definitely a business. It’s so driven by the
> love of money that they don’t know who God is
> anymore.

You got that right. Does anybody know who god is anymore? Not likely. Chances are he retired, gave up, or does not even exist.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 02:40PM

I believe the Church leadership believes they have the "formula" that allows them to govern the whole of creation.

"Jehovah, Michael, see--yonder is matter unorganized. Go ye down and organize it into a world like unto the worlds that we have heretofore formed."

Why tamper with a "winning formula?" They believe they are appointed to organize the unorganized (us).

They will continue to hammer on the same principles until the end of the/their world. This is what we here term "Pay/Pray/Obey." Since they have never had to produce an original thought in their lives, they will stay on this theme until the bitter end.

Joseph Smith at least was "creative." Their rigid hierarchy is designed to promote conformity over all else. Rogues like Joseph would find the Church and LDS leadership highly confining.

President Uchtdorf is an exception because most of his accomplishments professionally and ecclesiastically have been outside the Church's main stream. He is much more savvy world-wise than the rest of the leadership. He has likely been a Bishop or Stake President and been confronted by people not deferential to his LDS authority. Apostles from the Moridor stakes of the Western states would have no concept of co-existing with a non-Mormon world.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 02:55PM

Can y'all see this message? Just testing.

Date: May 03, 2018 03:55PM

Visitors Welcome Wrote:
> Can y'all see this message? Just testing.

The badass sees you.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 04:43PM

Date: May 03, 2018 04:55PM

No prob. Say whatever you feel. There are rules to the board that i still don't know exactly hahaha but there is no cussing unless you say (cussing) beforehand. And that's all i know.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: May 03, 2018 05:58PM

I think that they started out believing as most of us do. As they rose through the ranks into leadership belief gradually takes a back seat to loyalty.

By the time they achieve celebrity status they are so invested in the church via their identity, family and extended family, friends, associates, other church leaders, business connections and general church members expectations of them that they are compromised and owned by the church.

They are no longer at liberty to say what they believe but what they are expected to say whether they really believe it or not.

I believe they (some of them) are motivated more by a sense of LOYALTY to the church than to any abiding conviction that the church is true.

Date: May 03, 2018 07:55PM

Felix Wrote:
> I think that they started out believing as most of
> us do. As they rose through the ranks into
> leadership belief gradually takes a back seat to
> loyalty.
>
> By the time they achieve celebrity status they are
> so invested in the church via their identity,
> family and extended family, friends, associates,
> other church leaders, business connections and
> general church members expectations of them that
> they are compromised and owned by the church.
>
> They are no longer at liberty to say what they
> believe but what they are expected to say whether
> they really believe it or not.
>
> I believe they (some of them) are motivated more
> by a sense of LOYALTY to the church than to any
> abiding conviction that the church is true.

I see, they have too many tentacles attached to them and are in too deep to back out even if they didn't believe. Maybe they are the biggest slaves of them all to their positions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.