Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 02:30PM

One of my sisters is an apostate like me, but is still trying to assert herself as such. She has struggled with some mental imbalances her whole life. Because of this my parents have always viewed her as an easy target for their bullying.

A few days ago she had a serious surgery to remove a tumor (it went well and now she's recovering). My TBM mother was in Utah all week for Women's Conference. Rather than canceling it or even coming home 1 day early to be there for the surgery, she didn't. She claimed she couldn't change her plans. No. The real truth is that she was UNWILLING to change her plans. The cult always comes first.

Aside from that, when she arrived at the hospital and filled out the admissions forms she put 'none' under religious affiliation. For some reason after the surgery a nurse asked her again what her religious affiliation was, to which my TBM father instantly shouted, 'LDS'. My sister was groggy and unable to move, as she just got out of surgery. She didn't even get to answer for herself. I visited her yesterday and she told me about how she was just fuming over it, but couldn't exactly fight back in that moment and wasn't going to make a scene. And, she is still trying to find the inner strength to stand up to our parents and their so-called religion. The funny part is that the nurse had no idea what LDS meant. My sister rolled her eyes and said, 'Mormon'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 03:46PM

They prey on the weak. Why do you think i have been trying to recover in secret from them? They will get in the way and try to stop it. If i get fully healthy say goodbye to that religion. People will make fun but i don't, i have friends now.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 06:15PM

I'm glad she's doing well and I'm sorry for this unnecessary aggravation.

Your father had no right to speak out as he did and your mother was wrong to refuse to change her plans under the circumstance.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 02:14AM

First, my best wishes to your sister for a speedy recovery.
Good to know she is doing well.
Bummer about daddy-o being a jerk.

I love this quote:
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. - George Burns

The best thing I ever did was leave home. Totally. Moved to another state a few months after I got married. I've lived away from my family home ever since. It's rare, in my experience for families to do well getting along with each with generations living close to one another. Not in our society, anyhow.

I highly recommend moving away from the family home as soon as you can, especially if you're at logger-heads over religion or any other topic.

I was an LDS woman for over three decades. I can assure you that my children and husband came first, especially where their health was concerned. I could not put the church before them. Not possible.
Unfortunately, some members don't seem to be well equipped to be parents, and as such, use their church as an excuse to not be a parent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 02:25AM by susieq.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.