Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: All that Jazz ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 10:30PM

FASTEST GROWING RELIGION

"The Church is true because it is the fastest growing religion in the world."

Truth: The LDS Church has NEVER been the fastest growing religion in the world, or even in the U.S. The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, a church founded in Brazil in 1981, started with "one" member in 1981, and now has 15 million Members. The LDS Church currently has a growth rate of about 1.5% per year. Dismal rate, especially considering the BILLIONS the Church spends on missionary work, including the UNPAID full-time missionary force of over 60,000 (missionaries UNpaid...Mission Presidents "PAID" with nice homes, cars, health insurance, living "stipends" which would make most Third Worlder's jealous).

The Assemblies of God, founded in Missouri in 1908, now has over 50 million members worldwide: FAR outstripping the LDS Church. The SDA Church now has more Members than the Mormon Church, with a much smaller missionary force (about 5,000). That Church was founded in 1850.

TITHING BRINGS BLESSINGS

"If you pay tithing, the Lord will bless you with all sorts of material earthly blessings as long as you are "worthy" to receive those blessings."

Truth: Just about all religions teach earthly "blessings" in return for obedience to religious leaders, or the offerings to various gods/goddesses. Any religion that does not promise "earthly" here-and-now "blessings" is usually a very small religion. Many churches teach that God sends you "blessings" in the form of material wealth, safety in travel, job promotions, etc., if you PAY money to that church/minister. All pagan religions teach that a god/goddess you "donate" to (i.e. the priests receive the donations on behalf of the god/goddess) will send you "blessings" in return. Ask any believing Hindu.

REPLACE YOUR DOUBTS WITH FAITH

Most churches/religions tell its followers that if they have doubts about their religion, it is because "they" (the doubters/questioners) are unrepentant sins, or they just "need more faith".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 11:07PM

They told me all that as well with the fastest growing religion. Was there even one true thing that was said? I don't think so. Paying tithing actually did the opposite and brought me to poverty level.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 11:38PM

In my experience your last statement is false.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.