Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 04:09PM

Scouting?

Kirby is such a tool.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby/2018/05/19/kirby-no-scouting-but-mormons-still-can-earn-merit-badges-for-having-lots-of-babies-serving-missions-wearing-white-shirts-and-more/

He pokes fun at Mormonism's penchant for judging while upholding it.

A "merit" badge for your sexual orientation? How offensive. An "Active Badge"? Seriously? I thought Mormonism was more than just going to meetings...wait, what?

His "badge" he wants all Mormons to wear is the "Different Kind of Mormon." How about ditching the Mormonism, badges and all? Then you won't have to have the different Kind of Mormon "Not Sexist" Merit Badge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2018 04:10PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 04:39PM

I did not get the same vibe...

As I read it, it's a fine, sharp bitch slap up da side dey head. And deservedly so.

Date: May 25, 2018 09:45PM

Slapping who? The jerks all the way to the top who endorse "merit" interviews who would socially repercussion the Hell out of all merit badges not in their official and unofficial canon of badges handed out socially to those they deem worthy of merit?

I tire of Kirby's pining for the different Kind of Mormon. It is not as entertaining to me as an exMormon. It just makes the Mormon way of putting badges on people aka shoving round people in square holes all the more disgusting. Kirby's chaffing at their squaring his circle jerk of sexist, excluding, coercive, family hostage taking, love the worthiness more than the people charade goes to far. Far from loud laugher. He is a temple fart when their appropriate sign is wanted and it ceases to be funny when people are promising to give their lives to a corporation in there - over and over again.......for "the dead" (yeah right.)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 01:10AM

Thanks E.B.

I didn't read this one but you have it right...

Ditch ALL THAT SHIfT!

Mormonism>Mormons can take things too far, but oft times not far enough. This one sounds snarky.

Mormons always want to measure, and compare. Screw badges! Wait, now there's a good one.

M@t

Date: May 29, 2018 03:17PM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons always want to measure, and compare. Screw
> badges! Wait, now there's a good one.

Thanks for the laugh!

It is such a judge fest being Mormon. Nothing quite like it in all of Christendom for judging and worthiness.

Other groups just shun judge. Mormons incorporated the act.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.