Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 10:32AM

Something it didn't foresee in its future.

With each member that leaves with their stories to share. And public forums to post them in, did it envision (or its 'prophetic' leaders,) that former and current disenfranchised Mormons would proclaim to the world the darker corners and ugliness unveiled from deep within its bowels?

For all the shunning it has done to family members and church members for not towing the line ... what a payback it has been getting with thanks to venues like RfM, and elsewhere. For all the world to see, if anyone wants to learn more. They can.

People are hungry for truth. They're searching. And when they know enough to climb out from the depths of a cult, they learn that the cult didn't have all the answers. If anything, it kept them from seeking and finding out what they needed for spiritual growth. It keeps people stymied and mired in lies and half-truths. But that isn't satisfying. It leaves people wanting to fill the void that Mormonism can't and never will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 10:34AM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 08:33PM

I filled the void.
With FREE-AGENCY!

M@t

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 08:41PM

I hope i made some kind of dent in that monster somehow. I know they don't get any money from me anymore so thats something i guess. I want to be a part of a chain of events that dissolves the operation.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 12:25AM

I have taught many friends and people I meet about the Mormon Church. I am sure I have had an impact. Most respond with, wow..I know mormons but I never knew they believed in that etc.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 12:33AM

It's a hobby of mine. I find it brings joy.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 01:11AM

Amyjo, you’re dead on! The Morg have hurt so many people and the word is getting out. Hugs!!!

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 01:22AM

Parodies of Joseph's Myth in pop culture, like South Park's All About the Mormons, and the Book of Mormon on Broadway bring me a great deal of satisfaction. Seeing a brutally hilarious mockery of one of the most racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic doomsday cult's on the planet is good for the soul and apparently the creator's fame and popularity.
What I think is ironic is that we have no problem whatsoever with such a blashemous takedown of a religion like Mormonism, but if you did the same type of thing with The Koran on Broadway, your theater would get firebombed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 01:23AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 01:35PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seeing a brutally hilarious mockery
> of one of the most racist, sexist, misogynist,
> homophobic doomsday cults on the planet is good
> for the soul and apparently the creator's fame and
> popularity.

Make that one of the most racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic CHRISTIAN doomsday cults on the planet.

> What I think is ironic is that we have no problem
> whatsoever with such a blashemous takedown of a
> religion like Mormonism, but if you did the same
> type of thing with The Koran on Broadway, your
> theater would get firebombed.

Sad indeed. However, there is enough safe space on the internet for keyboard warriors with a grudge against islam to launch attacks from. And I have the impression that people make up for the lost opportunities in the real world by taking the fight online. It's the new underground resistence. In the muslim world even more so than in the West.

Posted by: Anon42day ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 05:06AM

They have done nothing to actually help the solidarity of the family and have continually sought ways to publicly denigrate
Individual family members in their so-called “Courts Of Love”.
Along with encouraging family members to turn on one another
and shun and punish one another for non compliance
Of church rules. The church operates in secret which is powerfully reminiscent of abusers whose first words to their
Victims are “Don’t tell”. People can only carry the burden
Of silence for so long and then the dam breaks and the walls come tumbling down.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 09:10AM

They used to be able to label those that left the church as lazy, eager to sin and weak minded covenant breakers. Now some are realizing that good people left and continue to live as good people.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 09:42AM

This is exactly right!

Even better for not being shackled by a cult that dictates our every thought and action.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 01:36PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.