Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonX ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 10:28AM

I’ve been struggling with a pretty serious binge-eating disorder for a couple of years. I had uncontrollable cravings, especially for junk food. For example, I’d eat 4-5 slices of pizza, a bunch of donuts, and then still go through the fridge and eat random stuff like leftover cake, cream cheese, chocolate...all in one sitting. It was a shameful habit and I was wrecking my health and putting on the pounds.

Every time I tried to eat healthy, I’d succeed for a couple of days, then trip up and go back to binge eating. Afterward, I would hate myself and just want to punish myself.

But FINALLY, after addressing my underlying mental health problems, talking to a nutritionist, and setting up a meal plan, I’ve finallg been binge-free for two months.

It’s an amazing feeling.

If you ever struggle with something like this, please don’t be afraid or embarrassed to tell someone! They can help you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 11:24AM

If you need an occasional treat, keep it reasonable. Good luck.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 12:29PM

I am also thinking about you, and wishing you well.

:)

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 12:46PM

Good for you! I am going through the exact same thing. A Facebook friend of mine is a nutritionist, I still need to do a consultation with her, I'm out if control. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 02:27PM

Eating disorders like binge eating may also be related to a chemical imbalance in the brain, like OCD. There may be medications available to help treat it in addition to other therapies.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 02:49PM

Congratulations! Healthy eating is REAL important. I have gradually given up fake food and now eat all organic, GMO free real food. Smoothies with lots of veggies, nuts and fruits throughout the day. I supplement with trace minerals because top soils have been depleted of them. I don't eat any of the foods you mentioned above. They make me feel sick and no longer desire them.

Healthy eating makes a HUGE difference in how one feels both mentally and physically. I didn't switch from unhealthy eating habits to healthy over night. It has been gradual change over many years. I gradually change from unhealthy to healthy as I learned.

Posted by: veilworker ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 09:16PM

Felix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations! Healthy eating is REAL important.
> I have gradually given up fake food and now eat
> all organic, GMO free real food. Smoothies with
> lots of veggies, nuts and fruits throughout the
> day. I supplement with trace minerals because top
> soils have been depleted of them. I don't eat any
> of the foods you mentioned above. They make me
> feel sick and no longer desire them.
>
> Healthy eating makes a HUGE difference in how one
> feels both mentally and physically. I didn't
> switch from unhealthy eating habits to healthy
> over night. It has been gradual change over many
> years. I gradually change from unhealthy to
> healthy as I learned.

To think it wasn't that long ago people thought food could never be medicine. Well done to everyone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.