Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 03:12PM

with President Nelson. During singing of hymns, choir numbers, speaker, etc. she was reaching over and talking to him. Poor manners.

They had first 4 rows in chapel set up for all of Wendy's family members to sit.Therefore common folk like me ended up in cultural hall even as I got there early to secure a better seat in Chapel. On way out it was Wendy doing all the hugging and slowing things up as she greated her family.And we had to stand ans not leave til they left building.

They also had a special family session in Edmonton Temple for Wendy and Pres Nelson and all of Wendy's family yesterday. When she gave her talk it was about Wendy and her special experinces she could not share but bear testimony of it.

President Nelson also referred to he as his "Heavenly Wife."

It may be me but her talk and stuff was not inspiring nor did I feel anything. Compare that to ALS event I went to this morning. Lots of emotions, laughter and tears. But last night was seemed like a non feeling event. May have been me. I did not get a sense of any great emotion from the attendees. It was was like everyone was in a trance and not a good trance. It seemed like it was about Wendy and her family and Church connections with people from Alberta.

Will report back later on contents of talks. But Wendy looks like she is running the show of the church from her home. I would like to know what women think of her?

Bottom line, Nelson has thrown his wife of his ten kids under the bus. He was all about Wendy too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 03:24PM

Right now, Wendy is Hand of the King. After Russ dies, she will be forgotten and discarded, much like Monson's daughter (who served the same function for Tommy) is now.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 04:23PM

Local girl makes it to the big time! Naturally she'd want to have a large coming out party, just for her!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 05:13PM

I wanna hear about the Raymond appearance. Their presence just triggered a big ass thunder storm.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 05:17PM

Oh the fabulous charade of thinking you are actually royalty.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 06:38PM

I actually think Badass' comment wins.

I don't know what the mormon women think of her, but I think she makes Russ look like the most pathetic "prophet" I've seen in my lifetime.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:17PM

A thought!
There are times when a bishop's wife comes to believe that SHE is the bishop!
Also there is the matter of sociological prestige.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:19PM

The stories showed that the "elite" women in the church loved it. Who cared about polygamy as they were SPECIAL.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 10:46AM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> President Nelson also referred to he as his
> "Heavenly Wife."

Is that like Joseph referring to one of his "spiritual" wives?

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 11:15AM

The Raymond Mistake Center (ugliest fucking church building on the planet) is reserved ONLY for Wendy's friends and their families while the rest of the peons are assigned to their other chapels. This will be the acme of her 'trophy tour', since this is where she was born. Even her mother, Laura, was known to have a case on herself and love the limelight.

The mistake center just had work done on it. I mean, who the fuck puts yellow stucco with red brick? Ick!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 08:35PM

In preparation for the visit, did the local leaders trust the members to scrub the toilets? Or, did they hire that work out in case the profit had to take a dump?

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 11:15AM

Is Russ planning any church construction projects in Edmonton that Wendy's family will profit from? I'd be curious about the money laundering through her family. After he's gone, that's all they will have.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 12:45PM

Nothing in the local media about The Grand Poobah being in da hood.

Posted by: lachesis ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 05:05PM

So the prophet and one of his counselors are polygamists. Follow the prophet!

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 07:07PM

That is so sad that she showed all the business talent and still is 'nothing' until she is married to a old but rich guy who then became head of a non-important organization in the world.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 07:45PM

"And we had to stand ans not leave til they left building."

Pure BS. Stand, visit and walk out and let them find their own way.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 11:03PM

was in Alberta for a few days.

What good is it to the world having a prophet if no one knows where he is or what he is saying?

I listened to what he said and still do not know what he is talking about when it comes to the young people today and the gathering of the 12 tribes. His talked seemed to make like it was okay for Abraham to have many wives and have many children by them. If I did not know any better I would think he is trying to justify his second temple marriage to the members of the Church. Just my impression after litsening to him and Wendy talk. he went on and on about how Abraham had all these women and they all had his offspring and how God was okay with that. But he said very little about how the young people of the Church today are going to help in the gathering of the 12 tribes but he made it clear they would.

A motivational speaker he is not. Neither is Wendy.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 12:55PM

Then in the Book of Mormon it says that practicing polygamy is wrong and that king David and Solomon were abusing their position by practicing it.

So the prophet who tells the members to read the Book of Mormon everyday is violating what it teaches by having two wives sealed to him in the temple.

Russel M. Nelson is no motivational speaker. At least Thomas S. Monson did that well. Funny. I never heard growing the church referred as gathering the tribes of Israel before. This is new. I wonder how much Russ is going to redefine and change before old age takes it's toll and he takes the great dirt nap.

Enjoy the Wendy and Russ freak show while it lasts. Hoax will be up there in age by the time the baton gets handed to him. Maybe we will have a big apostolic die off and Bednar will be the guy. Haha! It never ends.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 20, 2018 09:16AM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I
> never heard growing the church referred as
> gathering the tribes of Israel before. This is
> new.

It may be new to you, but it's a constant recurring theme in mormonism. That's exactly the line Smith used to get his little ignorant flock to go from Ohio to Missouri to Nauvoo, and after that Brigham used it to get his band to go to Salt Lake.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.