Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 01:05PM

When I was in 8th grade, Paul was my least favorite Beatle but this is just great fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ&feature=youtu.be

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 01:20PM

Wonderful, memikeyounot.

There were times when people I knew (not the Beatles!)... (people who are now mostly deceased) were together, just messing around and having fun, and I was there with them--sort of a peripheral part of what was going on...

…and those times were very much like this. (Hi, Stan!)

There were some good times, good memories, and they were a whole lot like this.

Thank you.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 01:23PM

Watched it last night. I was a 15 years old when the Beatles played the Ed Sullivan Show. That was the start of a culture shift we may never witness again. Their music and the genius of George Martin producing it influenced just about all the music that followed it.
Paul returning to his old neighborhood was so cool and the love he received from the locals so genuine it made for a very special time. Can't even imagine what it must have been like sitting in that local pub when the curtain opened and PAUL FREAKIN' MCCARTNEY started playing!! WOW!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 06:02PM

I was a teenybopper when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan, too! It was a Sunday night, and the following day, at school, just about every boy who had enough hair to comb, combed it forward. The day after that, it was announced over the PA system that boys would NOT comb their hair forward.

And then the girls started wearing their skirts shorter (or rolling them up at the waistband, which was forbidden too.)

Nobody paid any attention to the edicts, and a cultural shift began at that time.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 01:34PM

That made my morning. Thanks!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 05:01PM

The beatles were big on sex tourism with the underage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.