Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:23PM

I was just reminiscing over the 20th century, how the world is really a wonderful place because of what didn’t happen.

JFK had to fight (of all things) real Dr Strangeloves in his own administration. There were plenty of close calls in the last 50 years. But, no nuclear Armageddon. I mean, fuck. But wow, here we are. One guy didn’t push the button, and the world is. I am alive in a world where IT DIDN’T HAPPEN.

A decent sized asteroid could have hit the planet, causing a massive die-off. Mass extinctions don’t come along very often, but still, IT DIDN’T HAPPEN.

The Yellowstone caldera didn’t blow. California didn’t slide into the ocean because “God hates the gays”. The rooskies didn’t have one too many bottles of vodka and take out our electronic infrastructure. I’m living in a world where NONE OF THAT SHIT HAPPENED!

Let me tell you, in a world where any of those things happened, I would look upon this one as heaven. Heaven isn’t somewhere else. It’s where you make it. If you make your mind heaven, the world around you will follow. Forget the afterlife. Life is what’s happening (or not happening) now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 03:26PM

My mind can be heaven one day.

Date: June 24, 2018 03:47PM

Maybe this was prompted by my encounter with a real life Job. Poor guy had to live with unimaginable physical pain for decades (unusual case, docs gave him all the heroin and oxycodone he needed) until a “miracle cure” fixed him, so he says he went from living in hell to living in heaven. I couldn’t believe how joyous this guy was. Just for being normal. Why can’t we all be overflowing with joy, just for everyday life?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 04:08PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe this was prompted by my encounter with a
> real life Job. Poor guy had to live with
> unimaginable physical pain for decades (unusual
> case, docs gave him all the heroin and oxycodone
> he needed) until a “miracle cure” fixed him,
> so he says he went from living in hell to living
> in heaven. I couldn’t believe how joyous this
> guy was. Just for being normal. Why can’t we all
> be overflowing with joy, just for everyday life?

This is why i am fixing all my sh#t. I'm going to be happy again in this life.

Date: June 25, 2018 08:54AM

I’ll admit that bad things could happen, but I have faith that they won’t. Besides, it’s never anything you can anticipate. Something bigger is holding this world together. It could all go away tomorrow, but it won’t. That’s not how it works.

Today is a new day. I am in good hands. The lilies of the field and all that stuff. And, I’m not a Mormon. What else could I ask for?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.