Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: godesstogodless ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 02:39PM

Was in the library looking at DVDs for my mom and I came across one titled "The 12 Most Influential Religious Leaders"- no one from the LDS Church was on the DVD! I almost passed out in shock. Haven't they read "The Proclamation on the Family" and and Prop 8! Geesh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 03:43PM

This just underscores what I've believed since leaving Mormonism. Mormonism is only important to the TBMs and not the world at large. Most people know little or nothing about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and could not care less! The Morg is NOT a force to be reckoned with.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 04:01PM

Correct.

Posted by: roxydog1312 ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 04:07PM

There was a religious expert on the Colbert Report the other night, and Stephen asked him what the fasted growing religion is. He said Islam. I got a real kick out of that! And during the whole interview, mormonism was not mentioned even once! I got a kick out of that too.

Also, I went to a Jesuit university, where they required us to take 15 credit hours of religion. I took Eastern and Western religions. Mormonism was never mentioned in either of these classes!

Yup, the TBMs think they are hot snot on a silver platter, but they are really cold buggers on a paper plate!

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 07:52PM

Well that is the Jesuits for you isn't it? Bet they never mentioned their own sexual abuse of children now did they? I am not here to defend the Mormons, but really how juvenile are a lot of the comments on this board!!!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 06:37PM

I just read a sociology book by a Canadian author titled "American Backlash." The author used polling throughout the US to make cultural observations. The book divides the country into regions, one of which was "The Rocky Mountains." No mention of Mormonism.

There Must Be A Mistake!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 07:10PM

religion that many people of the world never heard of, and never will. It's only a fraction of the Christianity section on any chart. In fact, Christianity (a savior religion) with it's myriad of denominations and diverse groups is only 3rd or 4th world wide.

Mormonism is only pertinent to those that deal with it on some level, either as family, friends, socially, or geographically.

It's influence is very limited also.

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 07:40PM

Surveys of religious self-identification in the US show that over most of the last decade the proportion of the population willing to state that they are 'LDS/Mormon' has remained at a steady ....... 1.4%.

Mormonism is barely maintaining this tiny share of the US population despite its large families and big missionary effort. Must be a heck of a lot of people leaving.

And of course that 1.4% includes all those who have not been in a chapel (let alone a temple) for years and years, but still tick the box.

Basically, this is not an important religion at all.

Posted by: quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 07:47PM

Morgbots take after their maker, Joe the 'ho Smith, they are legends in their own minds.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.