Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 11:04PM

End Times broadcaster Rick Wiles warned on his “TruNews” program last night that God will destroy America if retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is not replaced with a justice who will overturn Roe v. Wade and outlaw abortion.

Wiles said that those who support abortion rights are “wicked” and are defending the practice of offering “human sacrifice to Baal.”

“God is bringing America to this place,” he said. “I’m praying and I’m believing that we’re going to get a judge that’s going to overturn Roe v. Wade and end the slaughter of babies.”

“God’s watching this country,” Wiles added. “We have the opportunity to end a baby holocaust. It’s a holocaust. The slaughter of tens of millions of babies, it could come to an end. We’re trying to reverse the curse that is on this country, the judgement that is coming against this country, it needs to be stopped, it needs to be reversed. This is the opportunity that we, finally, have been praying for, that we would come to this day.”

“This is it, folks,” Wiles said. “I can’t imagine that the Lord is going to allow this country to continue on this path. If we allow these baby killers to overcome this opportunity and to stop a pro-life judge from being appointed to the Supreme Court, I cannot believe that God is going to give this country one more chance. I just can’t believe we’re going to get another chance. He’s going to let this country suffer the consequences of what we’ve chosen and if we choose death, we’re going to get death in this country.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-wiles-god-will-destroy-america-if-anthony-kennedy-is-not-replaced-with-an-anti-choice-justice/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 11:55PM

"God will destroy America if retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is not replaced with a justice who will overturn Roe v. Wade and outlaw abortion."

It looks to me as if the Almighty is trying to get an early start.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 03, 2018 11:57PM

Does this destruction have to wait in line until after the destruction of America because of same-sex marriage? That would seem fair.

Posted by: New here. ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 03:18PM

Exactly my response! Thanks.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 01:39AM

If anything god will sit back and watch us destroy ourselves and each other. This is more his style in my experience. Sit back and just watch sh#t happen.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 05:19AM

It's funny how Ghawd only watches the United States of America - but doesn't seem to care about all the other countries where abortion is controlled but legal.

Tom in Paris

Date: July 04, 2018 05:41AM

Ghawd gave up on Europe long ago, my friend. That's why life in your country is so very difficult.

;)

Posted by: oldpobot ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 08:15AM

Don't forget Australia, LW. Life has been pretty tough here too, particularly around the coastline, since we legalised abortion God knows how many decades ago and almost totally stopped going to church (of any description) around Y2K.

People die here all the time.

Date: July 04, 2018 07:29PM

I didn't forget Australia, you silly.

I checked a map: it's right in the middle of Europe!

;)

Posted by: New here ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 03:25PM

Europe is different in many respects.I am originally from Scotland. They would never allow abortions to become illegal again now. My lds friends who did missions in Scotland shared feelings like the Brits are Godless people. But our history has had so much oppression at the hands of Religions before, we are not intending on endangering our female population like this at this time.Thank goodness and compassionate people in power.PS. Where were all you intelligent lds folk when I was in the Church? Do we all leave??

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 06:14AM

So if we don’t stop abortion, God will kill all the living babies?

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 06:17AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So if we don’t stop abortion, God will kill all
> the living babies?

You expect reason and logic from a nutcase? :)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 07:09AM

Abortion has been legal since 1973. What has stopped God from destroying America already according to Wiles logic?

I worry more about a turncoat sitting in the Oval Office, than Roe v. Wade getting overturned.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 08:48AM

America is already on the way to being destroyed.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 08:59AM

Genocide against the Indians? No Problem

Slavery? No Problem

Jim Crow racism? No Problem

Giving women the right to choose? Time for moral indignation!

Date: July 06, 2018 05:12AM

Posted by: New here EKBV ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 03:28PM

Thankyou!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 10:24AM

Abortion aside it must be because the United States has pride of place in God's heart. Arrogant of him much?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 12:14PM

Stock up on birth control, y'all!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 04, 2018 12:48PM

Legal or not abortions will happen. Difference is women seeking illegal abortions frequently die.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 06:15AM

... that God will destroy America if we abolish slavery, give women the right to vote, or allow mixed marriages.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 09:21AM

Visitors Welcome Wrote:
> ... that God will destroy America if we abolish
> slavery, give women the right to vote, or allow
> mixed marriages.

...and were, of course, all wrong.

Funny how "god" never seems to do what these folks claim "god" is going to do, isn't it?
One might almost think that what they're saying is what THEY want to have happen, not what "god" wants. How about that.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: July 05, 2018 09:48AM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:

> Funny how "god" never seems to do what these folks
> claim "god" is going to do, isn't it?

Something with "mysterious ways" and "being tested". Also "end times" and "latter days". Every generation is certain to be the last, and things have to get worse before they can get brilliant.
But, hey, as soon as you're dead it will all work out. You'll see.

/s

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 12:14PM

Has anyone noticed that 5 of the 9 current supreme court justices are Catholic, the other 4 are Jewish.

2 of the top 3 possible replacements for Kennedy(Catholic) are Catholic, the third Kethledge, his religion is unknown.

Doesn't seem there will be much of a change because of religion. It's political ideology that is going to make the difference.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 02:01PM

One question I have is why are all these women are wanting to terminate pregnancy? What's going on in these peoples lives, they can't all be in dangerous life or death situations. This is a bigger trouble than politics can solve.

I don't have the answers.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 03:38PM

Abortion is about convenience.

And I'm on the side of free abortions until the fetus start high school.

Posted by: New here woman. ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 07:01PM

Men often want the woman to have an abortion. It's not always solely the woman who chooses. Being a single parent in USA is rough. This should be the woman's choice. Not the GOP. Women fought long and hard for the freedoms they have. We fought for a good reason...our freedoms to chose. To vote, to marry, or not, to earn money, to have a voice, For our Health. Welfare and Family safety, our safety. Equality in every aspect of society, businesses,Churches and our own homes,and we fought for what economic security we have available now. We will fight again! We will defend our rights to choose. We don't want worse oppression and forced poverty. We are the ones who should choose. Women. Thanks!

Posted by: quidprostatusquo ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 03:42PM

I would support legislation that protected a woman's right to choose (albeit not to choose up until 8 months and 29 days, obviously), but Roe v. Wade has always been on shaky ground.

A woman's right to choose should not be tied to Roe. It should be tied to law.

If a new supreme court justice sees it that way, I don't think they're necessarily a bad choice.

I'm much more concerned with some people who want a supreme court who will judge based on what they think is right vs. what is written in the constitution. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 02:35PM

Notice how these religious racist, bigots appeal to their base?
It appears that people who believe a mythological, mystical, visionary claim with no evidence on faith, will believe anything regardless of how bizarre it is.

The problem with trying to overturn Roe vs Wade, is that it is not going to fly. Even the GOP suburban woman are going to balk at that idea. The last stat I saw said 61% wanted to keep in in force. Besides, it's not easy to reverse something this monumental.

Date: July 07, 2018 02:37PM

No one is going to consult suburban women. And judges are not elected.

Date: July 07, 2018 03:07PM

The idea being that if they sit for life/until they retire, they're not beholden to anyone and their jurisprudence is allowed to change over time.

But after learning about Justice Kennedy's son's relationship with Deutsche, I'm not as confident as I was in the independence of the Federal Judiciary.

ETA: Local judges often are elected. I think SQ#1's point might have been that as more women turn out to vote, they can sway the balance of the Senate because of the Advice and Consent power, even if the confirmation process is concluded before the midterms.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 03:11PM by Beth.

Date: July 07, 2018 03:44PM

Yes, I understand.

The problem is that the supremes are not subject to election and they are the ones who will determine the fate of Roe. The president has shown many times that he is not interested in governing from the middle but rather in appeasing his (40%) base. We also know that he is using the Federalist Society to vet his nominees and that that organization is sotte voce committed to the destruction of Roe.

So the consulting has been done. Suburban women won't be considered, the balance of the court will shift, and the little beavers will keep chip, chip, chipping away. Given the justices' age profiles, changing the balance in the senate won't have a significant effect over the judiciary for decades.

Date: July 07, 2018 05:31PM

1/3 of the Senate is up for election in November. Those who would like to hold their seats might not want to confirm the nominee.

Date: July 07, 2018 05:33PM

Date: July 07, 2018 05:38PM

Trump has virtually all of the GOP senators. Two of them are perhaps in play.

On the Democratic side, there are a handful who were elected in pro-Trump districts who are up for re-election. The odds are that two or three of them can be turned, as they were for Gorsuch.

It will be very difficult for the Dems to stave off another Trump pick.

Date: July 07, 2018 05:43PM

You still haven't told me what 100 divided by 3 is.

I need a nap, Nancy.

ETA: Nancy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 05:44PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 03:48PM

America has been destroyed since January 20, 1981

ETA: Actually, I might go back further to the Bircher fools and Ludwig von Mises's acolytes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 05:45PM by Beth.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 05:59PM

Now you have to tell us about Cleon Skousen.

And Von Misses was a dumb ass.
I got your Austrian economics right here *grabs crotch*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 06:14PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Beth nli ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 06:18PM

Date: July 07, 2018 04:45PM

Why does this sort of thing always apply only to the US anyway? You'd have thought ghawd would have had time to destroy France (1978) and the UK (1967) by now.

He clearly doesn't work much, in ways mysterious or otherwise ;-)

Tom in Paris

Date: July 07, 2018 05:46PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.