Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 10:51AM

Just found out our Son-in-law's oldest brother just barely found out about TSCC being a fraud, and he is ANGRY! He talked on the phone with our son-in-law for over an hour and his wife is also on the same page as he is! He is currently in the bishopric in his ward. He wants to talk to his TBM parents and ask them how could they raise their kids to believe lies? We told our son-in-law it might be a good idea for him to go with his brother to be of some support when he goes over to their parent's place. I told our son-in-law to congratulate his brother for taking the red pill! :D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 10:54AM

It is shocking at first. He is going to need lots of time and support to process it.

Add that since he's in the bishopric, another layer to the onion needs to be peeled. A step down from a pedestal he'd grown accustomed to. Living the lie is comforting in ignorance. Not so much once reality bites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2018 10:54AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 11:04AM

It always gives the rest of us hope!

We had a funny thing happen where we found out someone we know is out. My dad had a best friend from his high school years. They were best man at each other's weddings. We used to visit and play with their kids. My parents went out to dinner with them about once a month.

So my sister finally broke up with her long-time boyfriend for some interesting reasons. It is good that she did. She decided to get on one of the newer dating sites and some guy started talking to her. They'd been talking for several days and he wanted to meet. He just happened to live in the same city, but he didn't grow up there. So she finally let him look at her pictures on some web site. Instagram? Then she gave him her name she uses on fb. He texted her and said, "I have some BIG NEWS. We need to talk." Then he told her his last name and it is an unusual last name.

It happens to be the oldest son of my dad's best friend. It is just bizarre. He is out. His marriage ended because he left the church. I knew him in the singles ward years ago and he was shocked I was out. He said the rest of his family is still TBM. Although his dad couldn't have been that TBM as my dad wasn't and they are a lot alike.

You just never know.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 04:02PM

That's a cool story, cl2.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 07:22PM

My dad has been dead for over 10-1/2 years. It was the guy who made the connection as he saw pictures of my dad on her fb page.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 07:04PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.