Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 11:53PM

I have a Facebook friend, someone I’ve not met but follow him just because he’s interesting, by the name of Clark Phelps. Some of you Utah locals may know him from there also. He’s about my age, grew up in Midvale, UT not far from me and but I didn’t make his acquaintance (online) until I moved back to Utah.

His dad owned an antique shop in old downtown Midvale and Clark took it over, when his dad passed away and he tells some great stories about the merchandise he has and sells. He’s had some major health issues in the last couple of years so has to rely on UTA services to get out to his shop from his home on K Street in the SLC Avenues and doesn’t go often at all.

He has Mormonism in his background (I think his grandparents) but he’s never been active. I think he must have some help to keep the warehouse clean but he doesn’t sell on a regular basis.
Today, he posted this about some a morg game he had lots of them and has sold lots of them. He’ll sell them but I don’t know how much and what his arrangements would be to see that the buyer gets the game. I just thought it was kind of an interesting story.

WAREHOUSE FIND ! [Pioneer days]
“The Game of Emigration”
About 20 years ago when I was a very active antique dealer, I was offered the unsold stock of probably 300 or 400 of these, new in the box, 1947 board games. I bought them all, which is my M.O. when given a chance. A guy wants to control supply. Most of the games had shelf-ware crushed corners, and decades of dust. I sorted out the near-perfect ones and listed of them on eBay as well as promoted them locally as great Christmas presents and family presents for "Monday night family home evening". [is that still of thing?] Anyway today my inventory is down to about 50 Games in beat-up boxes. I've made more than my fair share money on them.
> This game's theme is the Mormon emigration from Nauvoo to the Valley of the Great Salt Lake. The game includes a “pioneer odometer” spinner, game pieces (covered wagons and pioneers on foot), and 150 quiz cards. Game play takes the pioneers on the Mormon trek through Iowa, Winter Quarters, and past obstacles like buffalo stampedes, Indians, skunks, cliffs etc. The Game of Emigration was locally produced in Utah with limited production and distribution.

https://imgur.com/a/h5imXQx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 21, 2018 12:13AM

dragging folks into the territory.

That's kind of cool, though. And they were emigrants, so that's kind of cool to note as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.