Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 08:50PM

https://youtu.be/_I9LDLcIh9g
I must have showed this film 500 times on my mission. Little did I know I was brainwashed and brainwashing gullible dupes into believing racist 19th Century myths, that Native Americans are really degenerate wandering Jews, which Joseph's Myth is based upon.
Once I found out the DNA evidence proved that racist myth indefensible, I quit. On my last day at church I went looking for this film in the library. Not only was it nowhere to be found, but there was no record of it having ever existed in any MORmON catalog.
I particularly likef Simon Southertons comments on the racist video, "I used to love showing this film to investigators when I was a missionary back in the 80s. I felt very strong emotions that at the time convinced me that the Book of Mormon was true.

Mormon scholars now distance themselves from all of the major claims in this video. The Quetzalcoatl myth existed centuries before Christ, Stele 5 is not a representation of Lehi's tree of life and Native Americans did not smelt bronze. Then recently I discovered that many hundreds of Mayans have had their DNA tested. Not a drop of Hebrew DNA was found. They are all descended from Asian ancestors.

What a difference 35 years makes."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 09:34PM

Hey koriwhore!

OK now so I am certain that my companions and I showed it at least 501 times so there...got ya beat!

And as a 19-year old brainwashed gullible dupe myself I was just certain and holding out hope that our investigators would just beg to be baptized after the last "beep" of our filmstrip & cassette tape synched show extravaganza triple feature in their living room..."Ancient America Speaks"..."Man's Search For Happiness"...and the one on Temples "The House of the Lard" I seem to recall.

And it never, ever, ever happened...and oh...did I mention that it never, ever, ever happened???

& I still hate popcorn!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 09:51PM

That was after my time in the mission. But---then--I couldn't believe that our investigators weren't as touched by our filmstrips as I was. How could they not feel the spirit? We had one that they laughed at one point and I was just shocked. Don't remember the name of it.

Now--I can't believe how much absolutely erroneous information got packed into 24 minutes or so. "Ancient America Speaks" must set some kind of record to be so dead wrong about so much in so little time. I'd love to see this trotted out again and watch the Mormons try to defend it. What could they say? The narrator was only speaking as a man? Opening credits say it was endorsed by the Mormon leaders, so . . .

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 11:16PM

.....so you are saying that the video is just like the (sham) Church (con Job) that produced it ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1NYP60274

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261GDx8pF4I

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 11:34AM

. . misplaced comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2018 11:34AM by fossilman.

Date: July 20, 2018 11:35AM

What was the name of the guy who went around on a speaking tour to churches and firesides and such, and lectured on how the BoM is actual historical fact and supported by tons of evidence? I think he presented it as if it were a trial. Jack something, maby?

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 11:41AM

Jack West?

Date: July 20, 2018 11:45AM

Yep. That's the guy. What a maroon.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 21, 2018 02:35PM

Rod Meldrum?

You can get all the evidence of the BoM you want for the friends-and-family rate of $99.99.

Money change available in the temple.

http://bookofmormonevidence.org/

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 11:41AM

God changed their DNA to test your faith.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 20, 2018 02:16PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God changed their DNA to test your faith.
Oh fetch! DNA evidence proves racist Mormon myths bogus? Quick! Ditch that Ancient America Speaks video and change "White and delightsome" to "Fair and delightsome" That'll clear up the misconception we're delusional racists!"

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 21, 2018 08:15AM

Ahh the perfect gimmick thought those so called inspired leaders. Of course when it miserably failed then they went back to the think tank to develop another gimmick. Just s business that's always run by research and development.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: July 21, 2018 02:23PM

Tom Trails and Bennie Builder will find you and straighten you out if you don't repent!

Posted by: Dan Bo ( )
Date: July 22, 2018 01:13AM

Ancient America Speaks was originally a book,written by Paul Cheesman. He was also the narrator in the movie. He was my Mission President for the 2nd half of my Mission in 1980.

At the time, we thought great, we got a celebrity MP. But he wasn't anything special.

I've since learned that even back then, his academic peers thought he was bogus.

I tossed his books a while back.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.