Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:09AM

Armageddon is just around the corner.

And it always will be.

Praise The Lord! Hallelujah!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-builds-nuclear-bunker-ark-13008493

Canadian builds 10,000 sq ft nuclear bunker 'Ark Two' out of 42 school buses because 'things can't get any worse'
Bruce Beach started constructing the Ark Two in the 1980s at the height of the Cold War - but believes that nuclear war is closer than ever

An elderly Canadian man has prepared for the end of the world by building a nuclear shelter out of 42 buried school buses.

Bruce Beach, 83, began constructing the 10,000 sq ft Ark Two shelter in the early 1980s during the height of the Cold War.

It's thought to be the largest nuclear fallout shelter in North America.

But he keeps the mammoth shelter running with help from volunteers should the world erupt into nuclear war.

The self-confessed 'survivalist' says he fully expects the world to descend into nuclear war and is surprised it hasn't happened in the decades he has been preparing his mega bunker.

"Well, I've thought for years this is it."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2018 09:10AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:24AM

where did he get the money to buy 42 school busses ?

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:31AM

Silly old fool.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:39AM

My stupid tbm ex would read this and would think that would be great and wish he had that setup himself. He thought of himself as a suvivalist and expected the bomb to drop any second. He actually wanted to build an underground house for us. Sounds too much like a burial plot to me. There are enough immediate needs and concerns to dwell on imaginary stuff like that.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 11:53AM

Wet Blanket Man here. To me, it makes perfect sense. True, most of us are doing what we can to prevent that catastrophe, but in fact there are enough nuclear weapons around, in the hands of enough borderline-stable decision-makers, that nuclear war could indeed happen. I don't think the man believes any of this will end with the Return of Jesus- he just does not trust the human capacity for making sane decisions. Remember that the world has been on the brink several times before. He just may be right.

IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2018 12:03PM by slskipper.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 12:11PM

He says: 'things can't get any worse'

Uhhhh. Unfortunately, he is wrong. They can get worse. They sure can. Here's hoping we don't end up going too much further down that road.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.