Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 01:44PM

I've never met this guy but somehow I became familiar with him on Facebook. I think he was on a mission in Brasil several decades after I was and he may have been on a former missionary list. I know that during the fight for prop8, he was very adamant and supportive.

I saw this today on "Today in Mormon History". http://www.todayinmormonhistory.com/2018/08/10-years-ago-today-august-6.html

Looks like he was busy supporting that anti-gay prop. I noticed that he was about the same age as my middle son (turned 40 this year) and didn't find his celestial match until he was 32. And he's been making new LDS babies since then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 01:53PM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 04:42PM

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 04:50PM

It is the first one. He's an ass and in LA. The other is just a morgbot.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 04:56PM

"I’m a Los Angeles-based filmmaker who occasionally makes the ends meet by doing some work as a front end web developer."

Wow, that's just who I would want to hire as a front-end web developer, somebody who'd rather be doing something else, and only does front-end web work when he can't pay the bills doing anything else! Not!

"I’m a bit of a smarty-pants, and graduated magna cum laude from the film school at Brigham Young University."

I would have been more impressed if he had said he graduated from Bob Jones University.

"...and with products like Drupal (yuck)..."

Well, at least I agree with him on SOMETHING :)

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 12:33AM

Find the typo in his bio. (There may be more than one.)

Ready, set, go!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 12:37AM

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 04:51PM

I'm not sure about the first but that's him in the 2nd. He has a bunch of websites and media things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 05:17PM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: captainklutz nli ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 06:46PM

Why would a guy who lives in Utah and looks like he'd be at home at a neo-nazi rally care about a California ballot proposition?

I was thinking it should never have made the ballot, but now am glad it did. It sort of put an end to all sorts of bigoted legislation along the way. The church should be proud of what they did...but probably not, eh?

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 02:23PM

Thanks to the beloved Correlation program I have been molded into thinking a certain way on this matter (and many others) from the time I was a child and gained a powerful testimony about the cheerios in Nursery.

Here was a message from the First Presidency that will forever be etched in stone as part of the unchangeable eternal legacy of the Church. When the First Presidency speaks the Debate is over forever. I assume that its worked out super well now for Public Relations and for establishing a lasting law in California as Heavenly Father surely wouldn't waste tens of millions of dollars held by his richest members in California in 2008 to fight for a Proposition that wasn't going to win and be law forever :)

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/california-and-same-sex-marriage

The following letter was sent from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Church leaders in California to be read to all congregations on 29 June 2008:
Preserving Traditional Marriage and Strengthening Families 
In March 2000 California voters overwhelmingly approved a state law providing that “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” The California Supreme Court recently reversed this vote of the people. On November 4, 2 008, Californians will vote on a proposed amendment to the California state constitution that will now restore the March 2000 definition of marriage approved by the voters.
The Church’s teachings and position on this moral issue are unequivocal. Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God, and the formation of families is central to the Creator’s plan for His children. Children are entitled to be born within this bond of marriage.

A broad-based coalition of churches and other organizations placed the proposed amendment on the ballot. The Church will participate with this coalition in seeking its passage. Local Church leaders will provide information about how you may become involved in this important cause.

We ask that you do all you can to support the proposed constitutional amendment by donating of your means and time to assure that marriage in California is legally defined as being between a man and a woman. Our best efforts are required to preserve the sacred institution of marriage.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 11:39AM

And anything that varies from their standards and morals is of the devil.

Single parents beware.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.