Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 07:45PM

I keep turning new corners and finding completely new worlds. Living in the 1950s, "Leave It to Beaver", Stepford, misogynistic culture of Mormonism shielded me from the rest of the US. I am beginning to realize how out of step the half century or more lag in Mormonism made me with what exists in the real world. So the rest of the US made huge strides in women's rights over the last 60 years. Today I ran into the issues around men's rights. This is something I thought was relatively recent. Nope. Much of the rest of the planet has progressed far enough in the realm of women's rights that other forms of equality are now on the table. Several cycles of issues out of step.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_rights

Ah well...another eye-opening read and a broader perspective on the world outside of Mormonism. I would imagine I have many years of "Ah Ha" experiences as I weed through my old ways of thinking and the warped view from within the Zion Curtain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.