Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 06:39PM

I’ve heard it’s used for blessings but where does it go.

Do they wipe up afterwards?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 06:53PM

I've heard rumors that it can be used as a sexual lubricant if one is out of the regular, but that's just a rumor, mind U....

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 07:10PM

My dad kept a tiny bottle of it for priesthood blessings. Because it was "consecrated" only needed a couple of drops per blessing.

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 07:39PM

ALL over - and under - the olives.

Be careful. Sheesh

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 07:46PM

Personally, I never got the same answer twice regarding the 'crown of the head'... But I did come to believe that it was either the very tip-top of the head or the skin at the border of the hair and forehead, in the mid-point, as in between the eyes.

I'd hate to hear that one was good and the other was bad, because I've done it both ways.

Ever hear about my companion and I being asked to 'cure' a Down Syndrome baby? We weren't successful.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 09:01PM

With Popeye?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 10:51PM

Bend over and I'll show you where it goes.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 11:44PM

+100
lol

Date: August 20, 2018 01:26AM

I think I know your Bishop.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 09:57AM

In the early church the oil was applied directly to where the pain or problem was. This was one reason women ministered to and blessed women.

I have page after page of my ancestors journals where they (the women) record ministering to and blessings other women.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 10:03AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 12:06PM

Some of it is wiped off after the blessing or it might rub off on bed sheets or night gown sleeves.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 01:37PM

As a kid, I had the bad luck to wake up from a minor concussion just as they finished the blessing and were wiping their fingers. Yes. I was a faith promoting story for many years to come. It still felt like I just woke up though rather than being delivered by the hosts of heaven.

Nowadays I like my olive oil seasoned and in a salad rather than blessed and on my head. Also, put a little black pepper, garlic and parmesan in it and dip a crusty bread. Anointing is optional.

Posted by: Amos90 ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 08:53PM

One drop goes on top of the head.
I carried around the standard Mormon-esque oil vial, a small metal cylindrical capsule about 3cm long and 7mm wide, that links to a keyring. It was on my everyday keyring I carried in my pocket with my keys.
The lid unscrews and there's a tiny rubber o-ring seal.
I dripped 1 drop unto the person's head, then placed my hands on their head on top of where the drop was and spoke the anointing part of the blessing (the short part).
Then, I put my hands back on their head and spoke the sealing of the anointing part and the blessing (the long part).

But the drop of oil was tiny. It was almost nothing. I don't remember ever having to wipe it up, rub it in, etc. It just absorbs I suppose. Many people's scalps were already oily anyway. Most of them had hair to further wick the oil up.

But even on a bald head, one drop of oil just doesn't make a splash, literally.

Date: August 20, 2018 08:57PM

Thanks for the responses.

Was it always olive oil? Or did that kick in later?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.