Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 06:10PM

I can't sleep at night at all and I always have nightmares my dog is in a pound and I am there and told you must leave and I try to take my dog but he is taken from me and put down, I am grieving very hard right now and hurting a lot

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 07:23PM

Hugs for you, crazy horse. You have to grieve to get past it. And, you will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2018 07:23PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 08:22PM

You should consider therapy.

So much so.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 09:33PM

If that idea works for you, it might help you a bit. We always miss loved ones who pass and this is happening to you. You had no chance to adjust or anticipate this. It was a huge blow. Time will help.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 09:53PM

I'm sorry you have such nightmares.
Maybe try my solution to such dreams.

I say to myself, very firmly, "I refuse to have this dream again!", and surprise, it works for me.

Good luck

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 10:01PM

Often times it helps to read something your interested in before bed that's nice. Don't think upsetting things (or eat too much) for at least 2 hours before bed.

What your thinking about is what you'll dream about.

Posted by: dogs ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 10:10PM

did the mormons do it

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 11:04PM

I think you should go and adopt another dog (or pet).

There's many that are waiting in a shelter for a loving and caring person to rescue them.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: August 21, 2018 01:30AM

Yes. Just not yet.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: August 21, 2018 01:32AM

The mormon who beat me almost to death poisoned my dog with antifreeze when he realized I wasn't going to drop the charges.

It's just the worst.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2018 01:33AM by siobhan.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 21, 2018 01:55AM

When to get another dog varies from person to person. My dog died in.May and I got a pup a couple of weeks later.It was right for me. She wont replace my dead dog, but she helped with the grief. Other people prefer to wait. Neither way is wrong. It depends on when you are ready. Just be sure and think it through. You need to be ready to accopt the newndog for itself,not as replacemnt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2018 01:58AM by bona dea.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 20, 2018 11:28PM

Try to think happy thoughts and good memories of you with your pet as much as possible before you go to sleep at night. Since most of our dreams come from the subconscious, there's something else besides your pooch that is troubling you.

From the 'dream dictionary' I found the following:

"Dead Animal- The meaning of a dead animal in your dream could mean having worried thoughts, being disconnected with the world, being in control of your life or losing a more innocent part of yourself. An animal’s life is meaningful and so dreaming of a dead one could mean the end of something important to you or being separated from reality. While the killing of an animal in your dream represents that you have acquired the skills needed to control something but you are not ready to make the move just yet to do so. Dreaming of your real pet’s death would mean your sorrow over something in your reality and witnessing the killing of an animal shows disappointment in the world."

https://www.dreamdictionary.org/d/

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 21, 2018 12:57AM

Often our dreams are our way of working out what we might do in different circumstances.

I know your dog was taken from you unexpectedly by someone you trusted to take care of your dog.

There was no way you could predict or prepare for this sudden loss.

First I can tell you time heals most things.

Second don't go get a new animal right away. Give yourself time to find closure and be prepared to love the next dog for itself, not as a fill in for your lost companion. It's not fair to the new dog and you'll never be happy with the dog.

Wish I had a way to make the nightmares stop. I don't. But as you face them, realise they are just you seeking answers.

Best of luck.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 21, 2018 02:01PM

I lots one. In fact, I should go see where my 2 dogs are! I was NEVER EVER going to get another dog after my last one died. I always have to go back on Prozac and get Xanax or something to deal with my grief when I lose a dog. It takes the edge off.

Anyway, my last dog died on June 4th 3 years ago. Three months later, my boyfriend was looking at dogs up for adoption and he showed me the picture of one and I thought he was cute and so I read about him. He had been left at the side of the road with his brother in a kennel. I can still see the trauma in the way they act about being left like that. They were also abused, especially one of them. You can't put your foot anywhere near him or he freaks out. Fly swatters. He used to always cower if you went to pet him. He is a lot better about that now. The other dog was sure that this was just another place he was staying. It took him 2 years to believe he was really home.

I saw their story and went to get them. Like others have said, they don't replace your dog, but they do help. When I lost my first dog, I remember I'd buy my face in my new dog's hair and I could smell my other dog.

If you can, get some medication. If you have some already, then make sure you are taking it. And I really do suggest getting another dog. Because you get another dog does not lessen how much you love the dog who was taken from you.

I know I've said this before, that I read in a book, "Once you've loved a dog, living without one is a life diminished."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2018 02:02PM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.