Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 06:54PM

We are all handed a loaded revolver at birth. What if shooting yourself with it is the point? Sam needs to catch up on his Dostoyevsky. If you don’t blast yourself all to shit, how will you know how to handle it responsibly? Never mind that there are other methods, because in a masochistic setup they are beside the point. Mormonism’s big value proposition, skipping the middleman, might just be a masochist’s dream come true.

Handing your kid off to play Bishop roulette could be all part of the game. Who is he to ruin someone else’s idea of a good time? Sarcasm notice, in the interest of ruining a perfectly good joke. But as a functional masochistic religion, thanks to Brigham Young, TSCC is tough to beat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 07:19PM by babyloncansuckit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 08:36PM

Sarcasm?

Man, I thought there was some really deep wisdom that I had to grapple with here. Are you sure you're not onto something?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 09:05PM

I’m poking fun, but criminal negligence under the guise of religious freedom has very real consequences that no rational person wants. It’s very bad for religious freedom, for example.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.