Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 10:32PM

Is it confusing to devoted members who may have took so much pride in the fact they were Mormons and or that they feautured in one of those I am a Mormon advertisments and paraded how successful they were in whatever they do with their life?

Now the prophet suddenly makes an edict that you do not call yourself a mormon or even LDs.

We know that nobody is this world who does not acknowledege Mr Nelson as their prophet will make any effort to comply wit this edict.Most ordinary folk have not heard of the edict unless they pay attention to Mormon events every day.

How are current members coping with he edict?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 11:08PM

I saw the Brandon Flowers video on YouTube... 1.5 million views. I hope the TSCC asks him to take it down, and he wakes up.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 12:55AM

"Hi, I was president of the MTC awhile back and I had a rape room all set up in the basement, which gave me endless hours of fun and loads of memories. My name is Pres. Bishop, and I'm a mormon!!"

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 01:31AM

Probably banish those ads to the archives of the interweb and fall back to the standard reply "I don't know that we teach (or in this case, did) that."

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 02:38AM

The church will blame those "I'm a Mormon" spots on rogue members that were only looking to exploit their church membership in the quest to become social media celebrities. :D

Actually, the church tried to spin the JS translation story when the peepstone was finally acknowledged. The church tried to gaslight all of us that had been fed their whitewashed version; complete with many church-sanctioned drawings and illustrations (with the U and T story) used in primary and sunday school lessons. The church blamed the discrepancy on "rogue" artists that had twisted the peepstone true story. Yet, we all know that the church (First Presidency) has always gone to great lengths to approve and every piece of art, illustration, photograph, play and film that depicts church history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 12:05PM by messygoop.

Posted by: manymoremany ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 11:58AM

They will live - or die - on the internet, I mean, the outernet (which is chock full of holes).

The same goes for:
Mormonsandgays
GaysandMormons
BlackLDS
Mormon
LDS

I'm not changing my self-inking www.mormonthink.com rubber stamp!

I will still say, "those morons", LDS [Lazy Day Snakes, or whatever], or The 'church' of Joseph Smith of Lost Dreary Souls, etc.

Some might say I am a formon [couldn't help being dunked as a kid]. That won't change either. I'll call 'em like I see 'em.

I probably won't call them at all. It isn't worth it.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.