Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 09, 2018 02:48PM

I just saw the video of "I Can See Clearly Now" by Grace Vanderwaal, recommended by Done & Done in my recent thread about time/wounds, here:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2145876,2145876#msg-2145876

Wow, Done & Done. Thank you so much for mentioning this. I finally got a few peaceful moments to plug in and find Grace. I had seen her first performance as a young girl playing the ukelele and singing her own sweet song. She has sure blossomed. Gorgeous. And I love her messy hair.

My reaction to her "Clearly" video was chills and tears, especially when she broke into the familiar chorus. I've always liked the tune but her interpretation is fabulous. You're right about the video too - incredible, artistic, moving.

A message of hope: from the gloom and tears up in her room to being outside and embracing the sun. All the people clapping and cheering was a great touch.

When she was outside and broke into the chorus the impulsive rebel side of my brain said "Hey, this is better than church!" Four minutes of Grace, a pleasant tune, images of hope, D & D being thoughtful enough to give me a heads up about a video/song he enjoys. Seriously, it's better than countless church Sundays I've spent. That moment when your heart soars. If they could bottle that.

Thank you Done & Done. I enjoy your posts very much. I'm glad I got the time on a lazy Sunday morning to check out Grace. The rain is bucketing down here after a long stretch of unusually hot summer. I like rain. Dark skies not so much. But, defying logic, I'm on my way to a local small-town open air market. Maybe it'll turn out like Grace's video and I'll be skipping in the sunshine before too long.

No-church Sundays. Gotta love 'em.

Here's Grace:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=Grace+Vanderwaal+Clearly&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAreXlya7dAhWdHjQIHVYzAeMQkeECCCQoAA&biw=1536&bih=750

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 10:12AM

I'm so glad that video got to you the way it did to me. I thought it would for sure. Some times something like that makes you feel like the stars could actually line up. And thank you for the kind words.

The other video that really got to me, brought good tears, was the Harry Styles "Sign of the Times." Made me feel deeply how wonderful it was the day I realized the Mormon church was a lie and I got my life. I was going to say got my life back, but I really was just getting the chains off of it. I watched it over and over the first time I saw it.

It was good of you to post the link for the song. I hope some others liked it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.