Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: September 14, 2018 09:29PM

He really put it to em.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 14, 2018 09:34PM

thank you SusieQ#1 ~

bookmarked ~ will read again/10 ~

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 14, 2018 09:50PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:53AM

Beth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

I know what you mean. I skimmed some of it. I could only handle a small dose.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: September 14, 2018 10:01PM

Why can't I sue the church over these past interviews? I was abused, interrogated and felt worthless, shameful. Is there no crime?

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 06:20AM

Sam has been notified of the verdict. A letter was delivered to his place of business on Friday. Sam has not opened the letter yet and he will not do so until Sunday 16th at 12 noon MT when he holds a public meeting opposite the Salt Lake Temple.

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2018/09/14/verdict-is-in-the-envelope/

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 10:28AM

Interesting comments at the end. Shooting the messenger and not defending the charges against him.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 10:53AM

OH. MY. GOD. OH MY GOD I'm shaken.

I don't know how Sam could have done it any better. The speech is virtuoso. He left the court without a leg to stand on. I hope there were some decent men there who will join him but hey, they gotta do what Heavenly Father Wants--to keep up a phony front that the church is perfect.

What I like is they can't say this is just the imperfection of Men though they will. This is major church policy inspired by the Holy Spirit and they have to claim that OR, worse, admit to no inspiration, no revelation, whatsoever.

Their God doesn't care anyway about the kids. Never did. Not the starving kids. Not the abused kids. Not the firstborns he had killed in Egypt. The God of the Bible, the Mormon god is an asshole.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 12:16PM

Does anyone k ow the particulars of the charges against him?

Is a unanimous 'verdict' required to "convict" Sam?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 04:39PM

Both he and his wife will more than likely figure out that this is not a religion they want to continue to be a part of.

This is a sick, sick organization.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 05:48PM

Exoneration may be too much to hope for, but.....

I hope they report the vote, and I hope it is not unanimous.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 06:32PM

I don't think they vote. The sole judge, SP for men, bishop for women, listen to the 'evidence' and then are guided by the spirit regarding the verdict and the sentence.

Ever so many 'sins' that could, in theory, result in excommunication are handled by your bishop, because in and of himself, he is your judge in Israel.

When they made up the excommunication process, they just ad hoc'd their way into what we now have, probably as piece by piece as every other ritual in the church. Just as the very process against which Sam is complaining... He points out in his defense that there is ZERO scriptural basis or even Joseph Sniff dicta, on which to base the interview process.

Anyone know when, where and why the youth began to be subjected to this process and why? I can see an every two years interview for the young men as they advanced in the priesthood, but what was the excuse for the women?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 06:41PM

Yeah. The Bishop or SP is guided by the spirit. Any of the supporting players who would have a different verdict than the S.P. or the Bishop would be seen as not in tune with the spirit and what Mormon wants to be that person?

The country is a democracy. The Mormon church is not.

It would take supreme guts to go against the Bishop or the SP because you could be getting your own court soon.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 07:00PM

In a section in the D&C it says that the accussed can face their accusser in the court. Who was the accusser? The SP? How can he be the accusser and run the court?

They tried to have a court many years ago and I asked for the accusser to be present. They told me they do not have to be present. I suggested they read the DC about how courts are to be run. Long story short, I gave them a run for their money. After 4 tries they had a court and disfellowshipped me. The stake President did not get a sustaining vote from the high council. SLC wanted me to be exed. But the point is the Church does not even follow their own scriptures. My court took 5 hours.

Reading this document on this site it seems that in 90 minutes they could not even get at what is in this guys heart and soul. Or why he feels so strong about the issues or how the issues had impacted his life.

If this guy gets exed, the top 15 should be fired. Russ needs to step down along with Wendy who by the way taught family social work at the University of Windsor before she married Russ. She of all people should know better.

I grew up with these interviews. At 73 I still feel guilt at having to lie when asked if I did the "M" thing when they interviewed me for Priesthood advancement. I still feel dirty having had to sit though those interviews hoping my parents never found out what a terrible sinner I was as a teenager.

Reading this site today has really brought up a lot of issues from my teenage years but back then I only knew the Church way. We need to protect the kids. Even bringing in a kid and having another adult or parent there still violates my ethical standard when we ask a kid if they are morally clean.

We have stake Conference coming up in Oct and I am thinking of having an opposing vote for Russ and the top 15 plus local stake leaders if this guy gets axed. Note: thinking about it. It takes guts to do it. I am still grieving the passing of my wife two years ago, so not sure I have the emotional will power to pull it off.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 15, 2018 06:49PM

Holy fetch, I had to stop. I hope they ex Sam, continue the practice, and members start reporting the abuse as it happens. Bring the hammer down. It’s the only way the church will change. Sam can easily turn this into a “See something? Say something” campaign. Regardless of the outcome he won’t stop. Does the church have the wisdom to tread lightly? Thankfully not. I’ll add that even if Sam Young goes away, what he started won’t.

Did they bring any big cats to the council? Because it reads like Abinadi before King Noah.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 07:09PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:51AM

Sam is a hero. A brave, articulate man.

He has painted TSCC into a corner, and if they ex him for trying to protect the kids, they will look like monsters. It looks like a no-win for the church.

Are people outside the church aware of what is going on? This issue needs to be trumpeted from the rooftops.

Date: September 16, 2018 12:59AM

This is one time when we have a written script that was used for the Disciplinary Court which can be spread widely to bring attention to a huge problem in the LDS Church.

What is it they preach? John 4:35
Say not ye, ‘There are yet four months and then cometh the harvest’? Behold, I say unto you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, for they are white already to harvest.

Oh ya. Those fields are white and ready to harvest.
This is perfect timing.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:13AM

It’s not just that. He’s trying to warn his bosses that they are drifting into criminal negligence territory and they are scapegoating him. Firing the heroic whistle blower. Tell me that isn’t a news story.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:56AM

Are copies of his collection of 802 cases available to purchase?

Date: September 16, 2018 01:08AM

Heartless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are copies of his collection of 802 cases
> available to purchase?

I'm keeping my eye out, but have not seen anything about them. Others are watching. I don't think those are published. Probably because they are private. Someone correct me if I'm in error about that....

Posted by: Anon18 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:43AM

You can read all the stories here.

http://protectldschildren.org/read-the-stories-2/

I actually live in the same stake as Sam. I have known him a long time. He is a top notch guy.

I actually dropped off my resignation letter to the stake president's door about 2 days before Sam's court. I am glad I had not resigned previously. This way I could use it to show support and solidarity with Sam.

Date: September 16, 2018 02:27AM

Thanks so much for posting that. I looked and didn't find it and presumed it was not on line.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.