Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TigerTom1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:24PM

In the most unsurprising announcement ever Sam's letter says he is out.

I couldn't get the broadcast to load initially so I missed the contents but I'm hoping it will be on his website soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:42PM

Well, you can't argue with divine inspiration, when it has the survey results to back it up...

Posted by: And? ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:44PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Did anyone ever expect a different result, including the now Mr. Young?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:47PM

He knew where it was going.

But he managed it in a way that garnered much attention for a very important issue. He's an admirable man and has achieved a lot.

Posted by: moremany-NLI ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 01:26AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He knew where it was going.
>
But he managed it in a way that garnered much attention for a very important issue. He's an admirable man and has achieved a lot.
>

From the get go.

He is admired (and feared) for his integrity, tenacity and kindness.

There is certainly no room for him in an institution like that.

M@t

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:45PM

Best news ever.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 03:07PM

Yes, we knew this was coming.
But I wanna see what the fallout will be, if any.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 03:12PM

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

TSCC will answer for this latest. I sincerely hope.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 03:44PM

It’s the church’s loss. Not only are they losing a great guy and his supporters, they are freeing him up to exercise his civic duties. When children are abused like this, don’t go to church leaders because they can’t handle it internally. Call the police and demand a criminal investigation. That’s obviously what the apostles want. I would support a foundation geared toward educating members along those lines.

I’m tempted to go back specifically to instruct youth to drop a dime on their leaders if questioning ever gets sexual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 03:56PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 08:31PM

"When children are abused like this, don’t go to church leaders because they can’t handle it internally. Call the police and demand a criminal investigation." -- Babyloncansuckit

Best.Advice.Ever.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 03:31PM

Of course he was. Revelation doesn't flow up hill. It's not antigravity.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 03:48PM

It doesn't matter how right people like Sam are. When you challenge the leadership directly, you will be cut off. They cannot have any challenges to their authority.

Date: September 16, 2018 03:52PM

Which is great.

It means that the church can't back down from a fight. So people like Sam get to pick when to fight and over what issue.

The church is on the defensive in terms of public relations.

Date: September 16, 2018 04:25PM

They insist on choosing the low moral road every time.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 04:12PM

Now he can go full bore.

The church by this action shows it condones the abuse.

The press can have a field day or at the very least be able from this day forward to truthfully state that the church excommunicated a whistle blower thus condoning the child abuse he brought to light.

Further the church shows it could care less about the innocent and beautiful children that took their own lives.

Hopefully this will be a mill stone hung around the church's neck.

Date: September 16, 2018 04:25PM

^Like^

Date: September 17, 2018 01:21AM

Well put.

He gave them enough rope to hang themselves and they said "Can we have more? We need to make NOTs"

Of course the verdict was decided before - and independent of... and separate from - the court (of hate) even commenced [probably upwards of six months or more ago].

TSCC [thinks it] has a big rug.

Sam walks softly but carries a big (truth/ people) stick and can use it on truth's side too. So can the members. THOUSANDS of parents, 'leaders', and CHILDREN have them too: their voices. They are not alone.

He will go on to (continue to) do good work.

M@t

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 04:47PM

It's too bad they did it this way, but I think that Sam will be better off in the long run.

However, true change is only going to come from the inside (or political pressure, I guess), so getting children to report to the police, school or wherever it needs to be reported is a good idea. Hopefully, Sam Young has woken up a few parents to light a fire to change things.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 05:10PM

Good for him. I don't think he could have brought this much attention to it if he hadn't gone through right to the end and let the leaders make themselves look like they are predators. Good for him!!

Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:57PM

Yes! I read what he wrote to them. I thought there was no way the presidency would ex him if they wanted to save their image. He spelled EVERYTHING out to them and they proved they reign with terror. There is no issue more black and white than anything to do with abusing children. They have no excuses. They don’t even practice what they preach in obeying the laws of the land. It’s like their strategy is to prove their prophet status is fake. The tree is producing bad fruit...

Posted by: readwrite-NLI ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 01:01AM

So true

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 05:55PM

I hope this can get in the news pronto.

Now would be a good time for people to see that Catholics are not the only ones fighting to protect their access to children.

Date: September 16, 2018 06:35PM

Yes. The timing is right to hit the LDS church since the RCC is facing its reckoning. There is potential leverage now.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:05PM

I'm waiting to see if there are any criminal charges against any members or the LDS Church from any of his exposure to the abuse.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:40PM

I think the only way the church is going to change on certain issues is for younger people to rise through the ranks and suggest that there needs to be changes to their policies.

Date: September 17, 2018 01:00AM

messygoop Wrote:
> I think the only way the church is going to change
> on certain issues is for younger people to rise
> through the ranks and suggest that there needs to
> be changes to their policies.

"Young people" can't rise through the ranks fast enough to become old people to change enough so that it wouldn't be too little too late [and they would be so rigid by then they wouldn't know or remember anymore what the problem was in the first place since they never thought or talked about it (much)].

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:43PM

Why would anybody want to identify themselves with an abusive Doomsday Sex CULT that forced their members to sing the praises of a pedophile con man rapist?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:45PM

koriwhore Wrote:
> Why would anybody want to identify themselves with
> an abusive Doomsday Sex CULT that forced their
> members to sing the praises of a pedophile con man
> rapist?

Well, when you put it like that.....

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 07:43PM

This needs to be played up - BIG TIME - in non-LDS media. There won't be a syllable about it, you can bet, in any Mormon media.

The Mormon sheeple need to know about this. They need to know how their leaders have treated a good and decent man who tried to protect everyone's children.

It should be a HUGE awakening to any Mormon who has (or plans to have) children in the church. TSCC needs to end up with a huge black eye over this.

Now that Sam is officially an exmo, he should be welcomed here.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:43PM

> With the expected pro church spin.

And quite likely nothing negative in the comments section.

Date: September 16, 2018 10:10PM

In the second paragraph, he is described as "Sam Young, 66, an office products salesman. . ."

"A salesman," the article says, implying that he works as a cashier at Office Depot. Not much of a job: he isn't even an attorney or dentist or insurance salesman.

Towards the bottom, though, the article admits that Young "will return to work as a business owner." So he is not a salesman after all. But of course not many readers will have read far enough to see this point.

Thus the usual pattern of character assassination.

"McKenna Denson is a troubled woman [so don't listen to her!]."

"Sam Young works in retail [so ignore him!].

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 12:59AM

I guess it was such a big deal that the church felt it could either ignore it (which I thought they would do) or report it, complete with a very thorough spin. It looks like a classic CYA tactic.

Date: September 17, 2018 12:55AM

Lots of people have awokened over this. He's got BS, BPs, SPs, and ALL SORTS (Tens of Thousands) of lay leaders/ members in America, and the world over, THINKING, talking, and acting (waking up and realizing the utter senselessness of Mormonism, and resigning, waking others up, etc.) on behalf of LDS children, teenagers, and families.

LDS (mis)"leaders" are saying SHUT UP (like a mean parent)!

He is saying WATCH ME/ US!!

He is a man. LDS is a coward and a wimp.

Just sayin

M@t

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:15PM

Gee what a shock. Sexual predators are still safe in Gods true church. Maybe They can convert some Catholic priests.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.