Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 08:24PM

For proof, she linked a 2008 review which Ugo Perego signed, trying to claim that there is room to believe there may be other DNA in the indigenous besides East Asian. The TBM didn't read it right. I am a layperson and had to struggle to understand it, too. But I found it outrageous that she claimed it was proof that Native Americans have no Asian DNA.

Many TBMs eat stuff like this up, because they are desperate to keep believing that the church is true. They can't bear at all to let go.

DNA science, and the technology Geneticists use, has advanced quite a ways since 2008. It is more certain than ever that Amerindians are Asian, and that there is no room for Hebrew blood before Columbus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 08:53PM

When I encounter TBMs like that it always reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFTRwD85AQ4

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 09:10PM

It is common knowledge that the Native Americans have Asian DNA. Mexican and other latin american people have the same DNA. Any person of Native American origin has it.

There is no DNA belonging to the Jewish people in America because there were no jewsish in America prior to Columbus.

My Mexican friends who have had their DNA tested all have Asian
DNA.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 09:35PM

The book "Losing a Lost Tribe" by Simon Southern might make a nice gift if you are so inclined to enlighten.

However these types work very hard at self delusion for the illusion of superiority and it seems a shame to not indulge her fantasy. It is what she wants after all.

Awfully hard to stomach conversation with this sort however. One tries to find the humor, but its easier finding your car keys without benefit of Holy Ghost I'm afraid.

Date: September 20, 2018 11:31PM

In his latest video interview, which is on Gospel Tangents, Simon Southerton says that Native Americans are 99.9% Asian. Then there is a bit of African, which means that neither Nephites nor Lamanites could have held the Holy Priesthood. Remember that "even one drop of Negro blood" thing? The Church of Jesus Christ should not have been establish-able among them. I was clearly taught back in the priesthood restriction days that it was REVELATION, not folklore or racism, that deprived Black men of the priesthood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2018 11:32PM by Josephina.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 09:41PM

Huh! Your friend and Ugo Perego might be on to something! I'm 100% a native of America, and as ghawd is my witness, I can't speak Asian and have trouble with chop sticks!!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 11:35PM

Try getting a fortune cookie at a Mexican restaurant.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 20, 2018 11:40PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 12:29AM

Sure, and I tracted out more than a few full-on Mexican Jews during my mission... All of them were in the Distrito Federal, or as most gringos know it, Mexico City.

None of them were interested in the Restored Gospel.

Date: September 20, 2018 11:42PM

Ugo Perego knows darn well that Native Americans are almost all Asian (with African left over). In 2008, he likely felt pressured by the church to suggest a possibility of finding a little Hebrew blood some day. But ten years later, it is even clearer that there is no possibility of Hebrew heritage. Archaeology and Linguistics find no Hebrew influence, either.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 12:46AM

I can guarantee you this: No DNA testing will ever identify Lamanite or Nephite ancestry of anyone, anywhere...until we can find the remains of Zelph.

Has anyone seen Zelph lately?

Zelph was a white Lamanite (not to be confused with white laminates, which can be used in making good countertops for your kitchen).

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 12:52AM

Old man, take a look at your Zelph. . .

Date: September 21, 2018 12:52AM

Where's Dagny?

She gets my jokes.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 01:04AM

That reminds me of the time when I was looking in the mirror, trying to correct my hair on a particularly bad hair day, when I see behind me in the mirror a gaseous cloud gradually take the form of a rather large, powerfully muscled man, apparently dressed in a manner not unlike the traditional warrior regalia of an Apache warrior, but with more bling bling.

I was petrified and could not move on account of the petrifying fear. An especially freezing chill ran through me as the apparition behind me stared with great intensity at the mirror and began moving his mouth to say something.

I then hear the words. He spoke in a raspy, whisper, ghostly way and said--and I'll never forget those words--he said: "Now...it...is...time...it...is...time..................for some....ZELPH REFLECTION!

He then laughed maniacally and disappeared in a poof of smoke.

That was when I knew with every fiber of my bean that the Church was true.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:53AM

Dagny won't get that joke because she is not a Neil Young fan.

Date: September 21, 2018 11:31AM

I knew you guys wouldn't let me down!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 01:11AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Old man, take a look at your Zelph. . .

LOL!

Date: September 21, 2018 03:08AM

Thank you, Greyfort.

Thank you!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 11:41AM

"Old man, take a look at your Zelph,
I'm a lot like Jew were"

---- Ugo Perego, explaining DNA

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.