Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: September 23, 2018 10:33AM

I've been away for a few years, finally found a community where I felt at home with people and thought I'd left this all behind.

Then for a myriad of reasons, (my sister's recommendation first and foremost) I recently watched the Dan Reynold's HBO documentary-Believer.

Soo many triggers for me, so here I am back here with the only people in the world who could possibly understand how messed up Mormonism truly is.

How truly horrific it is that a group of old men who refuse to look at science who refuse to repent of their bigotry and who care nothing about the LGBTQ community.

Anyone who has been a TBM knows it goes waaaaay beyond the whole we love you, you can be gay just don't act gay garbage.

If you're a member you KNOW the whole religion is based on family. Getting married, having kids, being sealed in the temple getting your own planet when you die.

Every organization in the church teaches about family, family, family. It's been an issue for a long time, including the marginalization of singles. And now, here they are, forced marginalization.

It goes beyond all that too. As people who have reasoned their way out, you know what it took to get away from that cult--ure.

If only it were as easy as dropping the church. But when you've been taught since birth that the LDS church is the ONLY true church and every other religion is debunked in Sunday School, Seminary, Young Women's. What are you left with?

This is it. This has to be it because all the others are crap so if you lose this then you have nothing. No God, no family, alone forever.

Why would anyone think then that the message that we love you, just hold out until you die and are 'cured' of being gay would not make them feel less than?

I view the leaders of the church as murderers. Strong statement I know. But they have been presented with the evidence, they know what they are doing. They know that sexuality is something innate, not something you can be cured of. They know the culture of Mormonism better than anyone. Yet they, again and again, say stupid things like, society says it's ok we say it's a grievous sin. They know the isolation kids must feel.
They see the results of their intolerance and they either don't care or, I personally think, they like that kids are killing themselves.

Purge the church of the unwanted, get rid of the problem so we don't have to deal with it. Don't have them contaminate our wards.

they are not just words. THEY know they are not just words.
They are like the people who hire an assassin, they take away all hope of a happy normal life, they take away family, that's how they show LGBTQ youth love.

It is my hope that there is a heaven, and that when they die each and every one of those kids greets these old geezers and that they get feel the absolute despair their words caused.
Preferably as they're led down to hell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2018 10:37AM by minnieme.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 23, 2018 10:59AM

That’s why GAs live so long. They’re afraid to die.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: September 23, 2018 11:03AM

My sister always says, 'the Devil don't want what the Devil knows he's gonna get'

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 24, 2018 01:01PM

but they keep that under wraps better. I think it is nonsequitir (spelling) who is back on this board recently who said that he has been told that in the not so distant past. If gays want to be in a family and be mormon, then they have to marry someone straight. No question about it.

The lds church is SO WRONG on this subject.

I don't need anything else. I didn't need the lds church, though I thought I did. I have no desire whatsoever to seek out another belief system. It has been so freeing to be done with religion of any sort.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 24, 2018 01:22PM

When we were busy busy busy being indoctrinated--primary, mutual, seminary, churchchurchchurch, missions etc--- we lost all the time when we should have been learning from the world, from our peers, from society, from other cultures, from the media, from our own trial and error, or in a nutshell: from Life itself. Not from another belief system, but from having our eyes peeled and our ears keen.

As adults it is helpful to see how mean and ugly the Gerontocracy and their hosts are to the LGBTQ. It really drives home what a disgusting religion it is. But for the young ones who aren't equipped yet it is frightening and traumatic what the G.A.s and their gang are doing and saying and I agree with you. They have blood on their hands.

When the Mormon church leaders die, if there is a hereafter, they better hope that it really is the nasty jealous vengeful and shallow God of the Old Testament that will judge them and say "well done." Because if there happens to be an actual loving Heavenly Father, the Mormon prophets and apostles are going too be screwed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.