Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TigerTom1 ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 02:14PM

Ok so I finally got a reply on my GDPR request, 3 weeks after the 3 month deadline.

"Dear xxxx,

We are writing in response to your request for information held by the Church about you.

Attached is a copy of our privacy notice that includes information about how we collect, process and store personal data and is available in the footer of all our websites.

You may view and access your personal data at any time by signing into LDS.org. Once you are logged on, select My Account and Ward and go to Account Settings. You then have the option to view your personal data, and there are also other features available for you to view, update and correct your personal data. You may need to contact your ward clerk if changes are needed for personal data such as membership information.

Sincerely,

Data Privacy Office

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

So they are blatantly dodging the issue. I know for a fact they'll have the minutes of my disciplinary meeting. Priesthood office held, baptism date etc etc.

I'm replying tonight to give them a choice to either treat the request seriously or be reported the information commissioner.

Watch this space...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 03:10PM

Oh, please do report them.
Please...

I'll be watching :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.