Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 10:40PM

Today is Sunday October 7th in Australia and for the first time in a year or so I happened to drive past the chapel of the branch my family and I used to attend.

Back in those days (the late 70's and early 80's), the car park, whilst never full, always had between twenty and thirty cars parked there on any Sunday. Today at 10.45am it contained only six cars. This is a branch that has "grown" into a district covering eight other branches in parts of two states with the nearest branch being 70 kilometers (approx 43 miles) away and the furthermost 323 kilometers (about 201 miles).

After driving past the chapel,we came across the the Salvos and they seemed to be slightly more popular with 10 cars and about as many motorbikes. However, on our way out of town we passed the local Baptist Church which has an enormous parking lot. We managed to count up to 95 cars before giving up as we were starting to slow the flow of traffic. This appears to be par for the course every Sunday.

Now I would be a very happy little vegemiter if my waistline was to grow in the same way as TSCC, I would be losing the inches instead of gaining them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 10:49PM

General conference.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 11:15PM

My mom lives in North Idaho and she has commented to me on how small the ward there has gotten. I'm tempted to attend just to see what it is like.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.