Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jesus of Orem ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 12:28AM

Even Nosewipe Nelson was into offending God at one point. From October 1991 GC (a year after Gordon shot him down); speaking as a man multiple times, no doubt:

"In June of this year, Sister Nelson and I had the great privilege of accompanying the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on its historic concert tour in Europe. We are grateful to the First Presidency for that assignment."

"Members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are not superhuman. They are ordinary people with ordinary frailties."

"Think of the timing. In one thousand years of Russia's existence, its first popular national election ever to be held occurred in June 1991. Six days later, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performed in Moscow!"

"Unitedly members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir testify of the living Lord and of His Church restored in these latter days, as do I."

No further comment necessary, other than to observe that he's a doofus with few equals.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1991/10/these-were-our-examples?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 12:56AM

Yeah, LDS Corp really thought they were going to conquer Russia after the collapse of USSR. Heck, they got so far ahead of themselves that they expected the church wouldn't be able to keep up due to such a demand to hear the mormon missionaries.

So glad that the church was so wrong at every turn. Russians are a lot smarter than the profits.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 01:28PM

No, see, Rusty wasn't offending God back then when he said "Mormon." As we know, nothing the church or its leaders ever did in the past was wrong. And as in "1984" nothing in the past that contradicts the present ever happened.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 01:51PM

Back then, when Rusty was uttering the now profane name "Mormon," God was still enamored with it. He's only decided to hate it within the last couple of months. Hence the memo from God to Rusty and then to the world! We are grateful for the divine guidance.

Posted by: jc ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 02:43PM

But I was taught in all my mormon meetings, sunday school, priesthood lessons, seminary lessons, sacrament talks, high council speakers, stake conference sermons and general conference talks that "God is the same yesterday, today and forever."

I guess almighty God changes his mind when Lord Nelson, the mormon profit, corrects Him.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 03:21PM

"God is the same yesterday, today and forever."

Yes, eternally indecisive, capricious, fickle...

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 05:51PM

Good point.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 05:56PM

Calling 'good' bad, and 'bad' good.

for quite a while, they wanted to be known as Mormons, not Christians.

Guess.What.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.