Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 08:30AM

I don't know, man. I drive by above said temple every day on the way to work. Seems like it has been closed all week.

They are re-doing the fountain out front. Someone took it apart and now they are putting it back together. I've seen work trucks there too.

What an effing waste of money. Now I can see why everyone complains about the misappropriation of funds. Who gives a crap about a fountain out front.

Unnecessary rant over.

-SMH Dennis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 08:39AM

I hear these temple names from time to time and they mean nothing to me. I'm halfway expecting to hear about a reference to the "Walmart East Parking Lot Temple" someday.

There definitely seems to be something fishy, weird, dubious, suspicious and off the level going on with this whole big temple program.

At the intuitive level, it seems like by now it would be the lowest priority for expenditures. But, from the looks of it, it's the highest priority.

Nothing really goes on in those temples. There aren't many, if any, more dead people names to process. (And the dead people ordinances could really all just be handled by a one-time-does all "on behalf of everyone who is dead" ordinance.)

I don't blame people who suspect that it's a money-laundering scheme that gets "public funds" or, more accurately, "official church money" into private hands--private hands of companies/people who have connections.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 08:54AM

The pumps usually wear out in such fountains and need to be replaced.

I should know, we have a Mafia size fountain in our back yard which requires constant maintenance.

Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 09:01AM

Elyse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pumps usually wear out in such fountains and
> need to be replaced.
>
> I should know, we have a Mafia size fountain in
> our back yard which requires constant maintenance.

That might be the case; but to totally dismantle it from the ground up? It looks like they are rebuilding it with new stone.

Why not just to Rock City USA- Mentone Beach down the street and use some "locally grown" stones? (sarcasm alert).

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 10:34AM

It seems like a lot of GBH-era temples have been undergoing refurbishment. It makes me think they were poorly built to begin with.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:56PM

> I drive by above-said temple every
> day on the way to work. Seems like
> it has been closed all week.

Dudette! Wave next time! Five or six times a month I'm going the other way in the morning, towards the Morongo golf course and Oak Valley golf course! Look for a red truck, being driven by a pensive old brown man!

What should I look for?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.