Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 11:49PM

So Dr. Nelson has laid down the law of the Lord on this matter. Mormons must always refer to their Church as TCOJCOLDS. It's just that ordinary human conversation tends to follow patterns of brevity and recognition that defy his pseudo-legal analysis. A medical doctor isn't always the final authority on everything, and indeed may become a source of iatrogenic illness.

It's an historical fact that the Book of Mormon was written to exploit a frontier religious movement called the Church of Christ. It railed against creeds and insisted that the Bible was the only source of doctrine, and that whoever "translated" or interpreted the Bible correctly should control the doctrine. It also insisted that it possessed the only proper name for any Christian church.

If the Utah corporation wants to compete with hundreds of other churches for that name, yea, even the Church of Christ, they're welcome to try. They will seriously embarrass their remaining members in the process. They will also, according to their own Doctrine and Covenants, disrespect and offend their God.

In Section 107, verses 2 to 4, we learn that the Melchizedek Priesthood was originally called the Priesthood after the order of the Son of God, but the name was changed to avoid frequent repetition of the name of God. Since Dr. Nelson is insisting that the name of Jesus Christ be repeated more frequently than ever, he is actually offending God with his perverse legalism. He and his current wife are living in darkness and sin. They desperately need to repent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 12:51AM

against vain and repetitious use of the sacred name. Nelson seems to be commanding that it be used as frequently and in as many contexts as possible, in place of the word "Mormon" or "Church."

The result will inevitably be to cheapen the value of the name.

"We're the Jesus Christ missionaries. We would like to invite you to a special event at our Jesus Christ Church. You will meet many members of the Church of Jesus Christ."

"Yes, Brother Gidget, the bathroom is down the hall. Use the toilet paper sparingly. It's paid for out of the Church of Jesus Christ budget."

"As the leader of the Church of Jesus Christ, I want to thank you members of the press for coming to this meeting here at the Church of Jesus Christ conference center. We want to explain a number of different Church of Jesus Christ policy changes and will distribute a special Church of Jesus Christ press release for your reference."

"If you parked in the Church of Jesus Christ parking garage, we can validate so that the first 2 hours will be free"

"Jesus Christ! I parked in the wrong place. Can I still get validated?"

"Nope, sorry. The Church of Jesus Christ cannot validate for any parking other than official Jesus Christ parking owned by the Church of Jesus Christ."

"Jesus Christ! I knew I shouldn't have parked there!"

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 01:32AM

MELCHIZEDEK just doesn't get any RESPECT, it's OK to use his name anytime, anyplace.

Posted by: 2 late 2 log in ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 01:56AM

There is (was?) a church known as the Church of Jesus Christ Christian. You get twice the Christ! By mormon* reasoning, that church is twice as Christian as other churches, including the mormon* church.

But wait, there's more. The CJCC is (was?) a white supremacist church, affiliated with the Aryan Nations and the KKK. Considering its own racist history, the mormon* church may come to regret insisting on a name so closely resembling that of an openly-identified hate group.

*victory for Satan

Date: October 29, 2018 02:25AM

For example, you get a lot of them that add glorious adjectives, such as the "Church of Jesus Christ Triumphant".

Nelson should get into the game.

"The Church of Jesus Christ Triumphant, Superlative and Supreme in the Latter Days' of the Prevailing Christ Who is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Our Ultimate Lord and Savior"

I think that if Nelson promotes a name that is any less grand than this, he is disappointing and offending Jesus, our Savior, our Lord, our Grand Atoner, our most High Christ of Christendom and Ruler of the Milky Way, Prince of Peace, Duke of Delightfulness and King of Kolob.

Get a clue, Nelson. God expects more than you are offering right now.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 05:49AM

Wally, Wally, Wally!

How sad...

You could have stuck three or four "evens" into that proposed church name!

What's happened to you. Do I have to get my bazooka out?

Date: October 29, 2018 08:24AM

I tried...

Actually, in addition to several "evens" I wanted to insert at least two "yea, verily" items. But my Stone of Gomer kept flashing a "too gauche!" warning sign, so I had to drop each "yea verily" and even leave the "evens" out, hoping that, with enough commas, things would even out.

This testimony, I do bear, in the name of Jesus the Christ, yea, verily, even the Redeemer from the foundation of the world and the Savior of all creatures, great and small, even of both the greatest and the least among stray cats, yea, verily, even the Most High Partaker of the Sacred Herb, the Anointed Messiah and Promised One above all, in all and among all, even, verily, the Superlative Apex of Apostolic Perfection, and the Embodiment of Effervescent Sorrows unto Salvation. A~a~a~men.

That was the original semi-inspired version. But, as I mentioned, the Stone of Gomer kept flashing that warning.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 12:07PM

Did God get the vapors and almost faint? Did he pick up a white glove and slap him 'cross the face? how did God handle such offense? Inquiring minds want to know.

HH =)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 12:32PM

Great description.

"It's an historical fact that the Book of Mormon was written to exploit a frontier religious movement called the Church of Christ. It railed against creeds and insisted that the Bible was the only source of doctrine, and that whoever "translated" or interpreted the Bible correctly should control the doctrine. It also insisted that it possessed the only proper name for any Christian church."

Spanish gold. Spirits. Speaking in tongues. Women empowered a bit more in giving healings. Multiple baptisms for faith. Voting. Doctrines voted upon. All sorts of stuff.

The Book of Nirvana I mean Mormon was just their justification for a rollick into the territories to convert natives and build a theocratic kingdom for alternative beliefs based upon the Bible.

Now it is a corporation for the subjugation of the nuclear family to corporate control. Nelson's focus on the family is for obvious reasons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.